Second Skin Audio

custom BL18 box built to spec sounds like crap

ncc74656

holy fuck that box is fucking fail. i'd pee on it.

yes double baffle is this. two pieces of wood where the sub mounts to. helps minimize baffle movement when you have a strong subwoofer or multiple subwoofers.

SD-DB.jpg

holy fuck that box is fucking fail. i'd pee on it.

yes double baffle is this. two pieces of wood where the sub mounts to. helps minimize baffle movement when you have a strong subwoofer or multiple subwoofers.

SD-DB.jpg

i wouldn't waste your piss, even if that box was on fire, just let it burn....that thing is so full of fail. He could have gotten a better 5 min sketch out of someone on here. Like i told him, I whipped one up quick (winISD and sketchup) and it came out with a nice plot on winISD...id bet it will work better than what he's got already.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Heres a side view, I'm back on mac now, so ill have to switch back to PC (bootcamp FTMFW) to get all the exacts, but it came out to right around 7 cubes net at 30Hz (after you add in bracing and sub displacement)

side view of enclosure

BL18sideview.jpg

Sub and port up, and this is very basic. I would add 3/4" dowels for bracing and probably 45 the corners too if it were going in my ride.

Also, external Dims are 36w 28h 21d

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

45s in corners = fail

now, do you mind giving an explanation? In my experience, its kinda an unnoticeable difference, but in THEORY, the air would have less turbulence inside the enclosure and port...like i said, theory, and I'm no expert. Everything i know about acoustics says right angles are failsauce...im not saying you are wrong, I'm just wondering why you say that.

Archived