Sonic Electronix

an ohm is a measure of resistance. The lower the ohm load the less resistance there is. If your amp is 2 ohm stable then wiring to 2 ohms will yield more power then wiring it to 4 ohms. making it louder. but say you have a 4 ohm stable amp and wire it to 2 ohms. itll be a strain on the amp. may go into protect may blow up

an ohm is a measure of resistance. The lower the ohm load the less resistance there is. If your amp is 2 ohm stable then wiring to 2 ohms will yield more power then wiring it to 4 ohms. making it louder. but say you have a 4 ohm stable amp and wire it to 2 ohms. itll be a strain on the amp. may go into protect may blow up

No. Minimum impedance ratings are like wattage ratings; not to be taken as gospel and only a guideline at best. It all depends on the amp in question, electrical system behind it, and the installation. Like most anything else with car audio.

I'm gonna hate

No. Minimum impedance ratings are like wattage ratings; not to be taken as gospel and only a guideline at best. It all depends on the amp in question, electrical system behind it, and the installation. Like most anything else with car audio.

What? If he doesn't understand how impedance works he sure as FUCK doesn't understand how to take care of an amp that's wired below minimum rated impedance....cmon now.

Play it safe and use the proper ohm load on the amp till you have a much better understanding of what and how ohm loads work.

If the amp is capable of 2 ohms stable then get the proper coil configuration needed to get to that 2 ohm load, going below an amps lowest rated load will reduce the life of the amp and cause a much greater strain on your electrical than is necessary along with a possibility of damaging the amp or subs.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

What? If he doesn't understand how impedance works he sure as FUCK doesn't understand how to take care of an amp that's wired below minimum rated impedance....cmon now.

It makes my information no less accurate. Just because someone doesn't understand something doesn't mean they should be misinformed about it in the interest of protecting them.

Play it safe and use the proper ohm load on the amp till you have a much better understanding of what and how ohm loads work.

If the amp is capable of 2 ohms stable then get the proper coil configuration needed to get to that 2 ohm load, going below an amps lowest rated load will reduce the life of the amp and cause a much greater strain on your electrical than is necessary along with a possibility of damaging the amp or subs.

There we go. Possibility. As for what I've italicized: you can't say any of that is for sure, it all depends on what is in question.

I'm done arguing though, my original statement stands, I was very specific.

I'm gonna hate

what amp and sub setup are you using?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

Archived