Yamaha Receiver issue

Unit is a Yamaha RX-V471, its about 6 months old.

Lately I've been hearing actual FM radio through all speakers at a very, very low volume. Regardless of what source it's on. I've tried unhooking FM antenna, moving wires away from each other, and trying diff speaker wires.

Every source is ran by HDMI cables if that makes a diff.

Derp.

I know at concerts it happens through some amps on stage, the general fix is to hit the 'ground lift' button, are all the devices your running through the receiver plugged into the same power supply? Im not really sure how one would track down the cause of this. Does it only happen if you have something playing, or does it also happen if you just turn in the speakers? try unplugging your devices one by one it could be something in one of the decives that is picking it up? (not sure if it happens with all inputs or not)

Try the same method with the speakers and see what happens

but remember, NO HOT PATCHING! my mate recently fucked his yammy receiver by hot patching things. so take the time to turn it off and back on again

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I know at concerts it happens through some amps on stage, the general fix is to hit the 'ground lift' button, are all the devices your running through the receiver plugged into the same power supply? Im not really sure how one would track down the cause of this. Does it only happen if you have something playing, or does it also happen if you just turn in the speakers? try unplugging your devices one by one it could be something in one of the decives that is picking it up? (not sure if it happens with all inputs or not)

Try the same method with the speakers and see what happens

but remember, NO HOT PATCHING! my mate recently fucked his yammy receiver by hot patching things. so take the time to turn it off and back on again

Yes, all of my devices are plugged into the same, grounded power supply. The receiver has an FM tuner built in in case you didn't catch that. It happens on any HDMI setting, any volume, and through all 5 speakers. Same if i'm listening to music from iPod plugged into receiver via USB.

Derp.

Does it get louder when you turn up your volume on the receiver? If not then its just interference and you cant really do much to get around that a majority of the time. What id recommend trying would be to disconnect all inputs on the receiver and disconnect all but one speaker and see if you still hear the radio on the speaker. If you dont take the speaker and hook it up to the next channel and go down the line that way (start with the left, right, center, left rear, right rear, etc) just dont connect all of the speakers at once. Id make the speaker runs as short as possible for this test as the more wire you have the more it is able to pick up on the frequency the radio station is transmitting at and interfere with your receiver. I had this with my Sony home theater i have now and it turned out that it was just one of my rca's that wasnt well shielded and was running along the floor next to the ac power wire that was picking up on the station.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes. If this doesnt help then try to take the receiver elsewhere in the house with one speaker and test it there. Normally you cant stop this when it happens, only try to minimize its impact.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived