Second Skin Audio

two different sized subs in single box?

hey guys, i have a single sundown sa-12. i had the idea of broadening the range of my bass(i listen to lots of dubstep and dnb) by adding a single or maybe two sa-8's. if i made a box for that, would they need to be in a separate space in the box? or could i just make two different sized holes and put them in a shared space and port?

what do you think?

Just buy another SA-12 if you are going to buy anything lol.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

dont do it. they're going to be playing the same range of notes regardless.

i don't get it. i have two 8" oldschool jbl's. they definitely did put out a better 'high' bass. the 12 can hit the lows much better but when it comes time to hit a higher frequency, it doesn't seem to do it nearly as well as the 8's did.

dont do it. they're going to be playing the same range of notes regardless.

i don't get it. i have two 8" oldschool jbl's. they definitely did put out a better 'high' bass. the 12 can hit the lows much better but when it comes time to hit a higher frequency, it doesn't seem to do it nearly as well as the 8's did.

It is also a different speaker altogether. Although I have never tried it out myself, many people say the SA-8s hit the lows better than the SA-12s. But it merely depends on both the speaker and the box.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*