2008 Chrysler 300 SQL Build - Supercharged 3.5L V6

The new hemi does 375

srt hemi does 475

Thats at the flywheel Im talking about at the rear wheels. The 3.5L's are lighter than their 5.7L and 6.1L counterparts. Just adding the supercharger will get me around 325rwhp. But after that, to make any more power I'll have to swap that 4spd trany for the NAG1 5spd trany. Once thats done I can add ho heads and cams and ect and net around 80-100 more hp. Or just stroke the engine out to a 4.0L - 4.2L Hell i've heard of a guy stroking the 3.5L block out to a 5.0L.

EDIT: IF... you base flywheel to rear wheel loss at about 15.7% to 25.6%. Which is what plain ol stock will do. You get the following numbers:

2005 - 2010

3.5L 186rwhp / 250HP 25.6% power loss. With a curb weight of 3802lbs

5.7L 253rwhp / 340HP 25.6% power loss. With a curb weight of 4096lbs

6.1L 316rwhp / 425HP 25.6% power loss. With a curb weight of 4178lbs

2011 - Present

3.6L 246rwhp / 292HP 15.7% power loss. With a curb weight of 4029lbs

5.7L 306rwhp / 363HP 15.7% power loss. With a curb weight of 4270lbs

6.4L 396rwhp / 470HP 15.7% power loss. With a curb weight of 4365lbs

A modest 5-8lbs of boost that the kit adds will typically net 100+ rwhp. Some people have run up to 12lbs tho. Plus other power adders like true dual exhaust (x pipe), headers, ported throttle body, ported intake , meth injection (or intercooler) ect...

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

• 5 months later...

OK, So I finally had some free time... SO I installed my supercharger a couple weekends ago. I got myself some custom plates for the car :)

photo5.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Turned out pretty good in my opinion. I repainted the engine cover, fuse box cover, the sway bar and the supercharger. Im missing some BT goodies but Ill get them eventually.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

I got a couple stickers made up by Carbon awhile back. They're all made of reflective vinyl material.

photo2-1.jpg

I made a vector on photoshop and had the "Chrysler 300" logos made up. They're of the same script style as the old Chrysler script logos.

photo3-1.jpg

The GFY was a freebie.. I figured why not...... lol

photo4-1.jpg

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )

* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement

* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable

Nice! Congrats.

In the age of plastic engine covers and "customizers" that rip everything off just to "make it work"...that's a pretty good look you've got under there.

Also (and I don't think I've said this since 1989 or so) that's a pretty bad ass strut bar.

Static drops are my bag.

@ OrionStang - You can defiantly tell its there. I need to get it CMR tuned because its running a tad bit rich. According to my DiabloSport Trinity monitor my 0-60 time is 7.41sec and my 1/4 is 15.27sec I've got a bit of belt slip tho.. Im fix'n that currently.

@ jk13 - Thanks man. Its actually off an Infinity g35. I've modded it to fit my 300. (filled in the filler neck hole and emblem area). The strut bar was actually a gun metal color. The guy at the parts counter told me that it would only fit a 5.7L or a 6.1L. I guess they don't understand that the distance between the towers are the same regardless of the engine. LOL

@Tecomah - Thanks man glad you like it!

@ jk13 - Thanks man. Its actually off an Infinity g35. I've modded it to fit my 300. (filled in the filler neck hole and emblem area). The strut bar was actually a gun metal color. The guy at the parts counter told me that it would only fit a 5.7L or a 6.1L. I guess they don't understand that the distance between the towers are the same regardless of the engine. LOL

Even better on the engine cover. My "boss" (that I talk to twice a year) is a Mopar parts manager. I get what you are saying 100%.

I agree with OrionStang, get that thing on the dyno. Just be sure wherever you take it can communicate with your current setup. Had a buddy take his somewhere that swore they could tune through his DiabloSport on his Neon SRT4. He spent 11 hours in their shop after a 2 hour drive there, 9 of which was figuring out how to get into his tuner. Long day.

Static drops are my bag.

@ OrionStang - Yeah man I plan on it for sure. Im just debating if I want to go ahead and slap some cams in it now haha. Should add 30rwhp just adding cams to the stock heads. more if I get a milled performance head. I just have to be careful because my 4spd can only handle about 350hp before it starts to tear up. But I want some cam loop!! haha..... Here is a guy that has the cams and heads

@ jk13 - Funny you say that I actually just put SRT4 injectors and a 3 bar MAP sensor in when I installed the kit. I paid for an emailed tune file. Had to send him my stock tune and he sent me back the modified file. If I did some data logging im sure the same guy could dial it in for me. Although Id rather take it to a CMR to dial it in properly.

Archived