Okay, so I am going to run some 1/0 wire from my battery to my trunk to replace my 4 gauge because as all of you know, 4 gauge cannot supply enough juice for a 2k amp. So I plan to run the 1/0 to a distribution block then run the 4 gauge to the amp because it only accepts 4 gauge or smaller. So my question is, do I fuse the wire within a foot of the battery AND fuse the 4 gauge after the distribution block?

Thanks!

There are adapters,.. nice adapters made to get your 1/0 to get into a 4g

Dude,... I have to know what amp you have?... 2k with a 4g input.... what amp you running my friend?

My 1000.4ad that BS at close to 300 per channel has 4g toss ins as well...... just asking is all bud..

Edited by KyLar96

Generally anytime your wire decreases in size you need to put a fuse rated for the smaller wire at the dist block. With it only being a foot it might be ok, but if it were me I would fuse it.

To be honest, I wouldn't even bother with a dist block and 4 gauge, I would just trim the wires to fit, or get an adapter like the others have suggested.