samsung SKYROCKET ice cream sandwich upgrade release, major problems but only on 1 of the 2 phones

OK

I have 2 skyrockets, one from the release last november and another from about 2-3 months ago, so a newer build.

I upgraded both phones to ICS, The first releaseed skyrocket reboots and crashes non stop after the upgrade. I cant even hardley use it as a smart phone anymore with out terrible issues and constant crashing, the other skyrocket (a white one) which was again, purchased only a couple months ago has taken the upgrade flawlessly. Both phones have the same apps, except the one with no problems has more junk/ crap apps on it, games and what not. I only use the other for work so the apps on it are nothing major. Which makes no sense at all. this is either 1- AT&T’s way of making older phone users be forced to buy a whole new phone, and pay the $600-$700 because there for sure wont be an upgrade option available. Which would not suprise me with they’re efforts to force people off unlimited DATA plans, Or a problem with the compatibility of first builds of the skyrocket and ICS not working together. It would not suprise me at all with all the crap I went through with AT&T and having the unlimited plan on my phone if this is they’re way to force unlimited data users to have to purchase another phone to make up for potentially lost dollars. My newer skyrocket runs on a limited data plan, no issues from upgrade, and my unlimited data plan skyrocket, FUCKED, something is fishy to me.

Heres the kicker, are you skyrocket users with all the problems on a grandfathered unlimited data plan?

its too weird that I just so happen to own 2 of these and only the one on unlimited data is having the crazy crashing issues.

What ever it is, makes little sense,

Both phones are rooted with the exact same software and have had 0 (zero) issues until this upgrade where only ONE of the phones is recieving terrible problems from the upgrade,

I also completely factory rebooted the phone with the problems today.

The results is having to reset up the whole phone all over again, with the exact same issues as before, nothing better was noticed after wiping the whole phone and reprogramming to start completely over as if it was a new phone, except it rebooted with the ICS software that started causing all these terrible problems,

XS-power1.jpg

http://forums.androidcentral.com/

Will probably do you good ^^^^

FWIW, I updated my Gingerbread 2.3.5 the other day, finally got Sense 3.0 -__-, on my HTC Inspire. Has the unlimited data plan too and no issues.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I had a first batch run of the Skyrocket as well, after awhile, the camera went to shit and I couldn't even take pics anymore. The camera app would just force close on me. I dealt with it for a month, changed roms, flashed to stock, nothing fixed it. Whatever. Decided to go up to at&t for a warranty claim on it, they said they'd exchange it, so they went through all the computer files and all that crap and noticed that I had the grandfathered data plan, so they urged me to "upgrade" my account and choose a new data plan. I told them no, and they said that if I don't upgrade my plan, I will have absolutely no data on my phone, unless I'm connected to wifi. Told them to give me my phone back or to cancel my service, they gave me my phone back and I left. Sure enough, when I booted the brand new replacement phone up, I had no data. But since I'm a frequent rom flasher, I have a list of at&t/skyrocket specific APN's written down in one of my electrical books in the car, got to the car, changed the APN, boom, back on unlimited data.

At&t has tried to fuck me over a lot, but I usually come out on top. Whatever they say, you do not have to upgrade or change your plan, there's always a workaround for it :)

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

check out xda i know a dev. on there the rom u want to look for is called red sonja he may be able to help u get it figured out

I thought he stopped development on that one?

I switch back between SKY-ICS and Unnamed rom. Smooth. Fast. Flawless so far.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg