Sonic Electronix

Ok to build wall on folded seats and with headliner in?

2k to those 4 subs? that will be a disappointing wall of 4 18s.

keep in mind when you have a wall of 4 18s, people will expect big things from you...

That'll be crazy underpowered... Why not go for a c pillar wall with 2 18s instead or something?

That way you still have a wall and also get to keep your seats in.

thought about this alot. and most people say if i am futurly going to do a bpillar with 4 18s, why not just wait and do that

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, and even at 5k, i still think the 2 would slap. up to you.

personally i think you need to up your budget a bit.

also, why a wall?

why not just do 2 18s in the trunk..less work, and you could be super loud. if it were my vehicle, i would do that. Get 2 beastly 18s. Check out the dd9518. I had one of those and it just slappps. i can only imagine 2...

The thing about walls is when you have em people usually expect to see some crazy power. I can understand building for the future but the last thing you want to do is show up to demo and they ask what kind of power on 4 18's and you say 500w to each? I think you should look into getting the 2 18's in a c pillar wall and work on running 5k to those 2. Hell I would even look into doing that with a below the window line box just because honestly you don't have the power for an impressive wall right now. You can be loud and very impressive without a wall. Considering your budget you're also forgetting how much it costs to seal a wall correctly and make it look good at the same time.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

well a i already have one lvl 4 so i thnk im just going to stick with it. my problem with running 2 is they are d2. so im stuck with either buying to amps or reconing or something. . . and proble with building a box in the back is the one i have now is 6 cubes, and there is no room for the port to breathe or anything, unless i did subs up ports up

ooorrr i run at .5 ohm but idk what eletrical is nec for that at 5k.

planning on a singer 250alt. a d6500 under the hood. and 3 3100s in the rear

I'm just wondering when he is actually going to get started on a build...

In all honesty you've been talking about this huge system you want to build all summer long and it just doesn't seem like you have the resources to do so. You gotta work within your means man. If you cant afford to do it right then I don't think its worth all the work.

Go with the c-pillar wall for 2 18s or if you have space just build a regular box.

why not just take off the part of the seat thats folded up and use the other part as part of a false floor, that front peice should pop right out once you push on the release lever on the right side i think it is

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

2 level 4s on a crescendo 2k at .5 ohms.

try subs up port back

thats how it is now. there is no way 12 cubes will fit unless i wall c pillar. . . and a 2k would be under powering still. its rather go with a 3500

I'm just wondering when he is actually going to get started on a build...

In all honesty you've been talking about this huge system you want to build all summer long and it just doesn't seem like you have the resources to do so. You gotta work within your means man. If you cant afford to do it right then I don't think its worth all the work.

Go with the c-pillar wall for 2 18s or if you have space just build a regular box.

and i am on my way. ill have 2k saved in a month or so, and i have bought the lvl 4. and the hd3500. and like 200 bucks in knuconcepts wire

Archived