Fusing my ...Ground?

Right... So since I have 3 fuses available to me at the moment, 2 are in use, and I need 4 altogether: could I fuse the ground wire to my trunk battery temporarily instead of fusing both positive wires(which I can't do yet)?

I have 2 positive runs of 0 gauge to the back. Both are fused at the alt. One of them goes into the amp, the other one goes to a battery, then from there goes into the amp. I have dual inputs on the amp by the way.

Here is my thinking: if I fused just the wire coming form the alt, and the other wire shorts out - the current would go through the distribution block to the other wire right?

But since I only have 1 section of wire for the ground - if something shorts out, that would blow. And since the negative side just got 'disconnected,' it wouldn't arc anymore right?

Just making sure my logic is right before I go and do this. I don't want to pay $40, yes, $40(ripoff) at my local store for a fuse+ holder, and it will be a week before another one comes in the mail. I just don't want to be running around with an unfused battery until then.

Pics of said battery

S__D1AA.jpg

Ar eyou asking if you could fuse the ground in place of fusing the positive? I would fuse the wire running to the other battery at the second battery and at the alt/battery up front. If you have two runs..fuse them both at both end. If one goes into the amp than fuse it at the amp You need to fuse at the second battery. I feel like Im missing something.

In the pic there is no fuse I see off the positive on the second battery. That needs to be fused.

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Ar eyou asking if you could fuse the ground in place of fusing the positive? I would fuse the wire running to the other battery at the second battery and at the alt/battery up front. If you have two runs..fuse them both at both end. If one goes into the amp than fuse it at the amp You need to fuse at the second battery. I feel like Im missing something.

In the pic there is no fuse I see off the positive on the second battery. That needs to be fused.

Exactly my point? I have only 1 fuse lying around and I need 2. Since my amp has a distribution block, if I fuse one positive wire and it shorts out, the current would just go through the other wire to get to the ground: it would do me no good. So instead of putting in a fuse that would do nothing, I am wondering if fusing the ground would work until the other fuse comes in the mail - the I'd unfuse the ground and fuse the positives

I would not hook up both positives until they were both fused, period. So the next question would be are you fusing both ends of both positives also or not? You need 4 fuses for 2 runs of 1/0. as close to the battery in the front and as close to the battery in the back as possible. Then from the back battery you need another fuse between the rear battery and the amp.

Edited by bassface

Just to restate: I know I need to fuse the positive wires. But I can't do so for another week. Since all a fuse does is interrupt the flow of current, can I fuse the ground temporarily until then?

No you cant.

This. The purpose of the fuses is so if the pos wire shorts or grounds out somewhere the fuse blows and cuts off the power from the supply. If you fuse the ground and your pos grounds out somewhere it's going to be grounded there and continue pulling power from the source and probably start a fire.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW