Sonic Electronix

ok so here is my deal i got 2 audiopipe txxbd 12's brand new had them for 2 days there rms is 750/1500 each i have a audio oipe ap1500d speakers wired at 1ohm i have all the bass boost things like that turned all the way down and the gain turned half up to break them in they where jsut palying along and they cut out... i didn't smell coil or any burned up wires. i took each speak by its self and hooked it up to the amp alone and both don't work the amp is on and everything but the subs dont turn on did both subs short at the same time or is the amp short? i don't know what to do or how to tell

Try hooking up another speaker to the amp, or try hooking the speakers up to another amp or a home stereo or radio or something just to see if they work, also I'm sure you already checked the rca cable and speaker wire.

fuck it just buying all new shit haha

new subs or new amp?

a lot of times problems like these are cause simply by wrong wiring or a bad coil. also get those gains set properly, you may think "halfway is fine" (that's what I though) but depending on your sub preout voltage you may be giving the subs a clipped signal :(

You said you're wired at 1 ohm, what are your coil configurations on the subs? You seem kinda new to audio perhaps, so more information on your setup would help very much. Saying your gain is set "half way up" isn't a good way to measure if it's set up properly. Those amps aren't know for their quality so it MAY have something wrong with it. Id say check(or get them checked by someone that can) your sub coils with a Digital Multi Meter, and see if they read the proper resistance.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.