Second Skin Audio

Two 12's for my 2K?

Tim Lam

As in they like to explode when overloaded. Obsidian/Skar/Sundown equipment is all underrated as well, they give the ratings they do so that people who don't know what they're doing don't kill them when they clip the fuck out of their amps using gain as volume control.

I'm gonna hate

Ascendant audio chaos series!!!

or

Fi SSD!!!!!

Check the oem options on alternators a Avalon alt might fit and give more amps for a bargain.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

With that space, wattage, and budget it sounds like Obsidian Audio has you covered. You could get out under $400 shipped on two OA-12s, but don't clip them on 1000Wea, you need a new alternator. Camry alts are weak as it is (they like to 'splode).

EDIT: Waiting for everyone posting below me to suggest Obsidian now.

Funny how no one below you posted obsidian. LOL.

2 skar vvx's 12's could be had for under 400 too if you were conservative with the gain and weren't clipping.

Or a pair of psi platform 1's too. Really need your usable space to give you a suitable sub though.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

so you guys are saying (with clean signal no clip/distortion) i could blast Sundown SA's with 1000rms each and NEVER smell or worry about roasting a thing?

well it's either the SA's or the new Type R's. '

Ascendant audio is a bit pricey for me.

and FI SSD do look appealing, are they hard to get a hold of though or will i have to do some digging for a good dealer?

anyone know about RE subs that are 1k rms each and are within my budget?

so you guys are saying (with clean signal no clip/distortion) i could blast Sundown SA's with 1000rms each and NEVER smell or worry about roasting a thing?

well it's either the SA's or the new Type R's. '

Ascendant audio is a bit pricey for me.

and FI SSD do look appealing, are they hard to get a hold of though or will i have to do some digging for a good dealer?

anyone know about RE subs that are 1k rms each and are within my budget?

well i run skar audio VVX 12s (2) on a SK-1500.1 at 13.8V. the amp is rated 1500W at 12v.

after imp rise you will be okay in your setup man.

i cant speak for the alpine type Rs and how they will do off 1kW each driver, but i know the skar audio, obsidian audio, and sundown audio 600W line will take 1k per driver no problem.

many many many! people put 1k+ to their skar, obsidian and sundown drivers.

you will be okay in your application if you choose to run with skar, obsidian, or sundown with their 600W driver lines.

theres just ONE rule and dont ever let anyone tell you different, and that is this:

smell anything, and turn the radio down. even if your jammin hard with your friends, doesnt matter, turn it down.

even if your tuned with a dd-1 you can still clip. not every song is perfect and clip free, so just remember that.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

sounds good.

well the new Type R's are rated at 1000rms now.

but i think the Sundown's look pretty appealing to me.

i was really looking for some DC level 3's but they are a bit out of my price range.

and i'd like to explore more woofers since i currently have the previous generation Type R's(600rms)

just get out there and try something different. you will like any of the brands that the members have listed here and they will all work for you.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

you usually dont bass size of woofers on power. # of drivers, yes....not size. The size depends on the space you have to work with.

im confused on why you said this?

i didnt mention anything about size having to do with power?

Archived