Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosure shape

cheebs

May be worse for an 8" but take a look at some SA-12 plot ported vs sealed:

SEALED-VS-PORTED.png

And the ported box on a SQ alignment tuned really low, if you use a power alignment such as those used in car audio sealed looses for a wider margin, there is IMO no point in going with sealed when you have the space for ported.

May be worse for an 8" but take a look at some SA-12 plot ported vs sealed:

SEALED-VS-PORTED.png

And the ported box on a SQ alignment tuned really low, if you use a power alignment such as those used in car audio sealed looses for a wider margin, there is IMO no point in going with sealed when you have the space for ported.

i don't want to use a sealed box but as i said before i want to understand why it works or don't work.

ok i m reading as much as i can and trying some things. i found the Torres calculator and i played with some things and came up with this. tell me how this would or won't work.

height - 8

depth 1- 10

depth 2- 13

width - 33

one port 4" wide and 18" long

the calc. says i will get a gross volume of 1.36 ft3 with a tuning of 36.57hz

is this right?

ok so here is what i need to know if i invert the sub and have the port outside how long and wide does the port need to be per sub? here's is what i am thinking. i would like to build 2 boxes each .7 cuft . the sub will be inverted so no displacement and tube ports outside the box no displacement. once i do that i can fiberglass the whole thing in the shape i want.

• 3 weeks later...

why exactly does jacob not recommend a sealed box for the sa-8 v2 but has a spec for it on the sundown site.

they give you sealed recommendation for use in the sealed section of a 4th order more than for just running a sealed enclosure...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

sorry i did not get the pics of the beginning of the box but when i get working my mind goes to auto pilot.

the cone in the middle is not included in the box volume. and the net volume is 1.26cu ft with a 4inch aero that's 24" long from end to end give or take an inch.

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

Thats some nice work, looks great.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Archived