IS my music clipping?

clipping shows up in red

I have a mac, idk if it's different

View --> slow clipping

select all (ctrl + A)

Effect --> normalize (-0.01db)

this is what I do anyway and it removes most, if not all of the red

it seems to make it quieter. I have no idea how to use audacity though.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

clipping shows up in red

I have a mac, idk if it's different

View --> slow clipping

select all (ctrl + A)

Effect --> normalize (-0.01db)

this is what I do anyway and it removes most, if not all of the red

silly noob. that doesn't remove the clipping. it just makes the clipping .01db quieter

gahhhhh, I'm doing it wrong :(

tuned in to do it right

it'll take you hours to do one song correctly. someone posted a while back how to do it, but it was deemed too difficult to be used realistically.

I should just give up now and get music from trusted sources then?

Now I'm listening to a lot of Bigpimpin91's stuff as well as Throw N' Slow. Most of it doesn't show a lot of clipping when putting it into audacity, but I'm still worried that I'll blow my sub again

I should just give up now and get music from trusted sources then?

Now I'm listening to a lot of Bigpimpin91's stuff as well as Throw N' Slow. Most of it doesn't show a lot of clipping when putting it into audacity, but I'm still worried that I'll blow my sub again

trusted sources, yes. but it all comes down to the producer. some idiots just push the level sliders up to try to make shit louder, and they end up clipping it cause they're dumbasses.

throw and blow sucks dick. i dont know how he does it but he makes songs worse. like put on. how on earth do you make put on quieter?

he was made a laughing stock on this forum iirc. i helped :P

A little clipping doesn't kill. Clipping just makes it harder for subs to cool correctly. as long as your music doesn't look like this,

545268_325435890882054_1323300526_n.jpg

you should be alright.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

A little clipping doesn't kill. Clipping just makes it harder for subs to cool correctly. as long as your music doesn't look like this,

545268_325435890882054_1323300526_n.jpg

you should be alright.

Looks like my Tech N9ne :rofl:

All of throw n slow (throw n blow) is 128mb, sounds like shit <_<

I need to get into decaf a little more and find out which tracks I like the most

Looks like my Tech N9ne :rofl:

All of throw n slow (throw n blow) is 128mb, sounds like shit <_<

I need to get into decaf a little more and find out which tracks I like the most

its not even that he's using 128kbps. its that he has no idea what the fuck he is doing yet he thinks hes awesome

Crandis still with the 128mb songs lmfao...kbps buddy, kbps

Stop worrying about clipping, just be smart with the volume knob when you know a song isn't super clean. Show Clpping indicator in Audacity is essentially pointless. Open WMP and right click, Visualizations>Bars & Waves>Scope. Then play songs and watch for squared off waves. If a song is audibly distorted, i.e. Gucci Mane - Swing My Door, then don't play it. Ever.

Like said there is the rebuilding of the wave but at the same time since its clipped its already lost all the information in the song so whats the point of rebuilding anyways. I play my headunit at 28/35 (speakers ran off deck) and play quite a bit of clipped music. Sub still plays fine. Headunit at a volume that it doesn't clip and amp gain set so there is no clipping (basically no equipment signal clipping) then you will be fine with a bit of musical clipping.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

fyi, red isnt clipping in audacity, it just means the wave is either 0db or over. even when you do "show clipping" it really only shows where the wave spikes to over 0db. you can make a clean generated 50hz wave in audacity, and put the amplitude to 1 (amplitude of 1 = 0db in audacity) and it will be solid red.

better yet, generate a saw tooth or square wave with the generator and the show clipping on.

edit: one way to do it is zoom in REALLY close in audacity until you can see the actually wave forms crests and troughs. do this in the heavy bass lines and check to see if everything is rounded or jagged/squarish.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/