Sonic Electronix

I have 2 L7s DVC 4 ohm. Checked the resistance on the series and it reads 1.5 ohm. I wired for 1 ohm. Is this normal?

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

is 1.5 after you wired them in parallel?

no, SERIES.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

no, SERIES.

well, something isnt right.

what is your ohm reading per coil?

series should increase the resistance not lower it.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

did you do this?

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

because thats the only series/parallel you can do. unless you did just series, which means you'd get like 16 ohms.

your wiring is fucked up somehow, or you're using the wrong wiring terms

no, SERIES.

All 4 VC measure ~4.4 ohms. I am using 10 ga speakerwire that has .5 ohm resistance when measured. I wonder if that extra ohmage is from the wire??

did you do this?

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

because thats the only series/parallel you can do. unless you did just series, which means you'd get like 16 ohms.

nah you can wire negative to negative, positive to positive: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

series: 1 ohm.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

no, SERIES.

All 4 VC measure ~4.4 ohms. I am using 10 ga speakerwire that has .5 ohm resistance when measured. I wonder if that extra ohmage is from the wire??

did you do this?

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

nah you can wire negative to negative, positive to positive: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

That's wiring in parallel, not series. You might be seeing the resistance in the leads of the multimeter. Touch the leads together and see what it reads...if it reads about .5 then that's where the extra .5 is coming from, and means your actual load is only 1 ohm, not 1.5.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

no, SERIES.

did you do this?

2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

nah you can wire negative to negative, positive to positive: http://a248.e.akamai...ono-low-imp.jpg

That's wiring in parallel, not series. You might be seeing the resistance in the leads of the multimeter. Touch the leads together and see what it reads...if it reads about .5 then that's where the extra .5 is coming from, and means your actual load is only 1 ohm, not 1.5.

LMAO sorry for the confusion between the 2. :Doh: It does read. .5 for when the 2 are touched. I just changed the batteries on the damn thing, and need to recalibrate it (kind of suspected). Thanks everyone for the help.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg