Second Skin Audio

Sub Box Design Help Fi Q12

Also, with my design, I double baffled because there isn't much wood left over after everything is cut out. You may have to screw the rear baffle in then glue te front baffle to it to keep screws from running into each other. Like i said, if you want to go port and sub back it will be tight, but it can be done.

You wont get a 12" sub and a 2" port in a 14" tall space. If you can go a bit taller you can make it work, but it will be tight. here is an idea, let me know what you think

torres.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Wow, I really can't believe that I overlooked something that simple in my original design ideas. That's enough to make a guy feel pretty stupid...

I went a bit high on the bracing displacement, You may want to refigure that but it wont make much difference, I didn't check the extra baffle option and the extra baffle is .07cuft. So it's not going to change much.

You wont get a 12" sub and a 2" port in a 14" tall space. If you can go a bit taller you can make it work, but it will be tight. here is an idea, let me know what you think

torres.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Wow, I really can't believe that I overlooked something that simple in my original design ideas. That's enough to make a guy feel pretty stupid...

Looking at the sketchup, still missing the 3 common walls, declare the extra baffle and it seems that the port length is not measured along the centerline. Also there are no braces there so bracing displacement should be 0.

My bad, Joe is right, corrected, i ad to shorten the box 2" to keep the port area up and the volume close to 2 cuft. I left a small amount of bracing displacement as you will want to brace between the port wall and top of box. just a coupe of 1" or 2" wooden dowels.

torres-2.jpg

Edited by strangeduck

oohhh you were saying fire it forward lol. i was thinking up, i can change it if you want ( sorry for the misunderstanding lol) whatever, gives me something to do durng work :/ so slow

I really appreciate the 3D modeling, but since we are going front firing (actually firing towards the rear seating in the quad cab, then we have to adjust the height to fit both the sub and the port. I might have to give up on my idea of using the stock armrest and just pad the top of the box as an armrest...?? The stock cover/armrest is about 3 inches tall, so as the height of the box keeps growing, I might have to go without the stock cover/armrest.

After everyone's input and playing around with the numbers a little longer, here is what I came up with. I raised the tuning up slightly to 34Hz, and got all the dimensions adjusted so the sub and port will both fit the rear face of the box (wow was that dumb). Here are the final specs... thanks again for everyone's help yesterday. Now it's time to make some saw dust..

subspecsrevised.png