Sonic Electronix

ok i finally got my first system in my car and i love it but i have one question thats been bugging me

ok lets say im play top back by t.i. and im sure most of you know how the bass goes in that song. Well before i had my sub in my car i would somtimes just listen to my bros system which has a pioneer head unit, kennwood amp, and rockford sub, and custom 1 cub box tuned to idk and when i would really crank it up and turn the bass up the bass would only get so loud and eventually it would just be a constant bass but when i put my system in which is much louder it would get really loud but would never seem like it got constant it would just get so loud the sub sounded like ass

heres a video of the song im talking about and how id like mine to sound after i crank up the bass(the part im talking about is at 1:39 is very short but you'll able to tell how it sounds like constant bass)

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/FiC...dio/btl15.3.wmv

my bro says it because my headunit cause it doesnt have subwoofer eq settings on it and also think its the prefab box being crappy

so is it the headunit that can effect it or is the box that can effect it

this may sound confusing its hard to describe

well my bro was really confused so i finally showed him in his car and said i can do that in my car it just probably because of the prefab box that it sounds like ass once it gets so loud

Do you want a sealed or ported box? i just built a sealed box for my type-rs and decided i rather stay ported if your intrested

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

every1 seems to use ported, whys that more SPL?

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

every1 seems to use ported, whys that more SPL?

Ported will move more air than a sealed system. (in most cases) Randy (assman) had quite a bit of 15"s (RF T1's) in his truck, moved quite a bit of air for being sealed.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Ported will move more air than a sealed system. (in most cases) Randy (assman) had quite a bit of 15"s (RF T1's) in his truck, moved quite a bit of air for being sealed.

wat does this moving air mean, that you will feel it more, seems more powerful?

wat if the port is in my trunk

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

assman had like 16 15" rft1. of course that is going to move alot of air lol. id get away from the prefabed and build yourself a new box. your running an alpine amp right? the alpine is fine its probably just your box.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

assman had like 16 15" rft1. of course that is going to move alot of air lol. id get away from the prefabed and build yourself a new box. your running an alpine amp right? the alpine is fine its probably just your box.

no im running a mtx amp alpine sub

Archived