are my crescendo tweeters this harsh or am i doing something wrong?

Stee-Z

I shutter to think of what you guys think is good sound...

I think you have no idea what you are talking about. In fact I'm sure of it. There are some sq competitors that use compression drivers and midrange/midbass/subwoofers speakers like Faital, B&C, and JBL and they are pro audio. Just because you haven't heard a properly tuned system with pro audio drivers doesn't mean they don't exist. My suggestion would be to do some research before you throw out such comments that make you look rude and ignorant. IJS

Perhaps you could tell us why they only produce mediocre sound? With proper eq and x-over slopes you will get amazing dynamics and SQ.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Scottish bear- list 2 who have competed and WON a nationally accepted class. Please. Ive won several times, and placed in top 5 even more, so id venture to say I DO know more than you on the sq front. Untill you can lrovide proof.. Knock off the foolishness.

Richard Clark's buick grand national comes to mind. Eric Stevens used supertweeters in conjunction with his horns. Granted the National competed 20 years ago but it doesn't change the fact that he competed and won with them. Check the USD website. If I understand you correctly you have never seen an sq vehicle with a horn setup compete? Compression drivers are considered pro audio are they not? Cableguy184 mentioned seeing some vehicles with horns at the last large show he was at so people are still using them.

It is possible that you know a great deal more than me when it comes to SQ and competing. I never claimed to be an expert. You made a blanket statement about all pro audio gear and claimed it was mediocre at best. That's what I called you out on. If you know more than me I would appreciate you telling me why pro audio drivers won't work in an sq setup as that is the direction I am heading with my rebuild. I am always eager to learn. (this is me being genuine, not an asshole)

Your tone came off more arrogant and superior than it did from a position of experience. When you say things like I shudder to think what you guys think is good sound makes you sound like a jerk. This is a predominantly spl site but we all care about how it sounds. So let's start over...

I apologize for jumping your shit and if you need more references I will go onto diyma and try to build a list for you. In the meantime could you tell us more about your setup that won in the sq competition and any tips and tricks you have on tuning, driver placement, etc.

Also I would like to rap a little more on pro audio drivers in an sq setup. We can start a new thread and have a real discussion about it so we don't continue to thread jack.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Richard Clark's buick grand national comes to mind. Eric Stevens used supertweeters in conjunction with his horns. Granted the National competed 20 years ago but it doesn't change the fact that he competed and won with them. Check the USD website. If I understand you correctly you have never seen an sq vehicle with a horn setup compete? Compression drivers are considered pro audio are they not? Cableguy184 mentioned seeing some vehicles with horns at the last large show he was at so people are still using them.

It is possible that you know a great deal more than me when it comes to SQ and competing. I never claimed to be an expert. You made a blanket statement about all pro audio gear and claimed it was mediocre at best. That's what I called you out on. If you know more than me I would appreciate you telling me why pro audio drivers won't work in an sq setup as that is the direction I am heading with my rebuild. I am always eager to learn. (this is me being genuine, not an asshole)

Your tone came off more arrogant and superior than it did from a position of experience. When you say things like I shudder to think what you guys think is good sound makes you sound like a jerk. This is a predominantly spl site but we all care about how it sounds. So let's start over...

I apologize for jumping your shit and if you need more references I will go onto diyma and try to build a list for you. In the meantime could you tell us more about your setup that won in the sq competition and any tips and tricks you have on tuning, driver placement, etc.

Also I would like to rap a little more on pro audio drivers in an sq setup. We can start a new thread and have a real discussion about it so we don't continue to thread jack.

X2

x3

I work with pro audio gear every single day, I own a pro audio company. So i can velch that with some work they sound good, especially for how loud they get and efficient they are

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Archived