Second Skin Audio

Need advice on subs/box for a tractor trailer

Phototini_xB

If i read it right, you work for penske? I do all there repairs on the side of the road.. Some of the people who drive for them shouldnt even be behind the wheel of a lawnmower!!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

If i read it right, you work for penske? I do all there repairs on the side of the road.. Some of the people who drive for them shouldnt even be behind the wheel of a lawnmower!!

No my company leases some of our trucks through Penske. But we are starting to get away from them because it's a pain trying to actually get any work done on the trucks. They usually have to be sent to another shop and it takes forever.

And Dog, not sure what I'm going to do with my CB setup because I usually run an 8 "pill" amplifier but I'm not sure how the two systems will play together. It's usually one or the other unless you can really ground and bond the shit out of the truck in order to keep the stray RF out of the other equipment.

No my company leases some of our trucks through Penske. But we are starting to get away from them because it's a pain trying to actually get any work done on the trucks. They usually have to be sent to another shop and it takes forever.

And Dog, not sure what I'm going to do with my CB setup because I usually run an 8 "pill" amplifier but I'm not sure how the two systems will play together. It's usually one or the other unless you can really ground and bond the shit out of the truck in order to keep the stray RF out of the other equipment.

I didn't think that through lol. The RF would be a concern. I just hook the cobra 148 to a 6" powered monitor. Of course it had been in a shop for miner adjustments that would burn some older radios :D . I really hope your trucks aren't govd if so sorry.

I didn't think that through lol. The RF would be a concern. I just hook the cobra 148 to a 6" powered monitor. Of course it had been in a shop for miner adjustments that would burn some older radios :D . I really hope your trucks aren't govd if so sorry.

Yeah the peterbilt I'm in now is governed because it's a Penske truck. But our other trucks that we own aren't, so when I get my new truck I'll be in good shape.

Yeah the peterbilt I'm in now is governed because it's a Penske truck. But our other trucks that we own aren't, so when I get my new truck I'll be in good shape.

:aggressive::good: . Last place I thought of talking to gear jamers.

:aggressive::good: . Last place I thought of talking to gear jamers.

I'm a truck driver because I kind of fell into it. All the guys in my family work in the trucking industry in one way or another. I was actually a diesel mechanic before I started driving and just didn't feel like working on them any more.

What to they govern your at

Over here all new trucks are by law have to be done

Ouse are under 13t gross not required over is mandatorily

And outs are at 60mile 100kms some may get to 103kms

My truck is governed at 71 MPH but if you pay extra you can get 75mph over here in the states.

Once you get it in your blood your never the same. I hated working on them. Didn't mind putting chicken lights on but the motor part hated it. What happened to the old days when you just take off the filter and changed it. Or just stop at a truck stop to get it reprogrammed starting to feel old.

Archived