Second Skin Audio

box help

Can anyone answer my question? I've never built a box with an L port or with 45's. If the port is 3 3/8" wide, does it need to be 3 3/8" wide at the turn?

Yes slant or round the inner corner of the turn is recommended, if you are to put a 45 there, you need to make sure is not made too big, the port has to be 3 3/8" AT the turn also.

EDIT: if you find hard to make 45s just don't do them, is an optimization only, if don wrong can hurt not help performance. If you have any other questions let me know.

Edited by Joe X

How big (at the widest point) should the 45 be? I hope you understand what I mean.

Example: should I take a 3" strip of wood and 45 it?

Do you understand what I'm asking?

Edit:you're saying if I put the 45 in port corner than the L has to be rounded too? And I could just not use the 45's? Would it affect it at all if I already have the 45 in the other corner? Its already glued and screwed, so I hope I don't have to remove it.

Edited by qcbangin

How big (at the widest point) should the 45 be? I hope you understand what I mean.

If you slant the inner corner of the turn as shown the 45 should be done as follows:

corner.jpg

Thanks for all the help, and sorry bout so many questions.

I didn't cut the 45 in the port wall, so I messed that part up. Did you see my other question?

If you slant the inner corner of the turn as shown the 45 should be done as follows:

corner.jpg

Well, I did round the corner a bit, just not a 45. It's not going to affect the performance without that 45 in the corner?

If you have not rounded the corner and not done the 45 in the port turn, never mind it will work regardless.

You are ok.. don't worry.

the 45s in the corners are to help with getting the air to flow better out of the box....it's not required but it would help with performance a little

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg