Computer gurus please help. Lap top crash.

explorer.exe is your desktop. try this :

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will fix whatever it is: http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not then try a complete uninstall via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

Run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of the page and reboot.

Install the software again from your online account.

If it happens again I would contact Technical Support - it's a free phone call or online chat and also linked under Useful Links.

Last thought, if you are using registry cleaners/optimizers, don't. This is the sort of thing they cause.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

maybe just a total wipe and reboot, my opinion. Wipe, re-partition, and re-download OS if u can manage to download a copy of it.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

maybe just a total wipe and reboot, my opinion. Wipe, re-partition, and re-download OS if u can manage to download a copy of it.

if doing a reinstall id just use the recovery partition.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

Well its saying windows detected a problem and is being shut down for protection. The beautiful blue screen.

it seems like mcaffee is fucking with your registry. a reinstall might be the best to do.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

explorer.exe is your desktop. try this :

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will fix whatever it is: http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not then try a complete uninstall via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

Run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of the page and reboot.

Install the software again from your online account.

If it happens again I would contact Technical Support - it's a free phone call or online chat and also linked under Useful Links.

Last thought, if you are using registry cleaners/optimizers, don't. This is the sort of thing they cause.

I will have to call them tomorrow cause I can't get anywhere. I was hoping for something simple. I get to the panel it shuts down same with Google or internet explorer. Her lap top was a Christmas gift so still under warranty still. I really thank all you guy for the help.

It sounds like your computer is too far gone to fix easily. If you were close to me id look at it for you and fix it. Virus issues arent that hard to fix most of the time but it takes a good amount of experience with them to know how they work and how to kill them.

When you press f8 before windows boots is there an option called "repair your computer"? Usually its the very first option toward the top before it goes into saying safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc. If so there is a slim chance you can get into the command prompt and then type the command to start the combofix program but you HAVE to know the directory its stored under (c:/users/.....) combofix is just a command line utility so you can launch that from just command prompt if needed. If that doesnt work then the easy way out would be to just format the hard drive and start windows fresh. I dont usually recommend doing it but if you are like the 99% of people whose computers i work on and the data is not backed up you could take out the hard drive and install it on another machine to recover your files then wipe windows and start over. Again i dont usually recommend doing this because there is always that chance that the virus is lingering on those files and can unleash itself again.

edit: for your warranty they never cover things like this. All that they would do is erase windows and start it from scratch and charge extra if you need the stuff recovered from the hard drive. Thats the easy way out and a ton of companies do it that way. Its too time consuming for big companies to waste time with looking into why a system crashes and fixing viruses than it is to reimage the computer and leave.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

if doing a reinstall id just use the recovery partition.

if he can, i didnt know whether or not he'd be able to use his recovery partition

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang