Sundown Audio

dmm gain setting

ZachG

A dd-1 is like 170$

That's a lot to use it a couple times, how bad could it be if I used a dmm

dd1- $150

http://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-install-tools-electronics/smd-distortion-detector-dd-1.html

Setting by dmm and blowing your sub and then having to buy a new one or recone-----$150????

Looks like a win win to me. You will end up spending the money any way. Use it to set your gain and put it in your tool box. This is car audio, this wont be the last system that you have and wont be the last time you have a use for the tool.

A dd-1 is like 170$

dd1- $150

http://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-install-tools-electronics/smd-distortion-detector-dd-1.html

Setting by dmm and blowing your sub and then having to buy a new one or recone-----$150????

Looks like a win win to me. You will end up spending the money any way. Use it to set your gain and put it in your tool box. This is car audio, this wont be the last system that you have and wont be the last time you have a use for the tool.

I know someone with one, he charges 20$ to do it

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

you live on long island you can afford it :D

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

A dd-1 is like 170$

dd1- $150

http://www.wccaraudi...ector-dd-1.html

I know someone with one, he charges 20$ to do it

Buy your own DD1, and charge 10 in your area......... youll gain, and gain, plus, have the tool. Not to mention,..... youll gain....

Invest.....

Like a year or two ago everyone recommended using a dmm and that's what I used around 2 years ago for my btl and never had a problem. Now everyone is saying to buy the DD-1...my how things change lol. I do highly recommend you get a DD-1 though just to make sure everything is set up properly and like others have said, its better than a recone and you'll probably use it again for future systems, but if that's too much then a DMM is better than nothing and may get you in the ballpark for a daily driver just keep a close eye on it. Here is a link to the chart that I used, good luck.

http://imageshack.us...mpchartua8.jpg/

i wouldn't trust the dmm method , i would trust my ear more than a dmm

1 thing i will say about the o-scope is that you can find out if and at what level your preamp outputs clip which to me is almost as important as setting your amp gain right , if you have a clipped signal going into the amp the signal out will be clipped too .

i wouldn't trust the dmm method , i would trust my ear more than a dmm

1 thing i will say about the o-scope is that you can find out if and at what level your preamp outputs clip which to me is almost as important as setting your amp gain right , if you have a clipped signal going into the amp the signal out will be clipped too .

Uhhhhh... the dd1 doesnt find the preamp clip point????????????????????????? (and in about a 1/10th the time)

Archived