Trunk Sealage Round 3 [Need SPL Help]

thats a 15 with only 1 6" aeroport? or is it a 12?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

There might be some phase cancelation between the port and woofer, caused by the opening of the port being on a separate plane from the speaker.

If you have room to make the port internal, I bet you'd gain. Also I would trim that edge of the deck to give a clear shot to the box.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

sorry man yea 15"

port area is around 10 per iirc.. which isnt high or anything... but iot sounds like complete ass on anything under 45hz even when it was tuned to ~41hz..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Weird results. Thats how this game goes though. Most intriguing is the lack of a gain from sealing it off.

Im with this,...... i have seen some "sealed off" trunks, that looked like they could be no way better sealed off,..... the trunk lid would hardly rattle at all,....... and the yeild was a joke??????????

Makes me scratch my head at cabin fire systems.......Sometimes it works great, and sometimes for all the work,effort, destruction of the vehicle, the yield/gain is just not worth it............. I dont get it either...

OP, great great attempt... and in for future work and results....

There might be some phase cancelation between the port and woofer, caused by the opening of the port being on a separate plane from the speaker.

If you have room to make the port internal, I bet you'd gain. Also I would trim that edge of the deck to give a clear shot to the box.

A sep plane? they are on the same plane/face.. ill try putting that port internal, but thatd make it less net obvi.. 2.8 is already small put its an easy change to make..

what do mean by cancellation> teach me :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Cancellation caused by the waves being out of phase... crap man, I don't know how to explain it... I fail.

If you had the car sitting in the sun while it was charging and cabin heated up, I would expect that to cause a drop on TL.

To get consistent results and honest results, you have to eliminate all the variables possible. At that point it becomes scientific.

Edited by TheBetterMethod

i would see if u could get your hands on an 8 to try wortha shot as far as sealing it off losing you..it happens man lol ive had tenths of a db disapear on me and still have no clue where they went..i upped the reserve in my truck voltage went from drop to 12.9 to 13.4 clamping more power and i lost lol so i went back to the way it was and score was STILL down lol spl is a real bitch sometimes

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

yea.. an 8 inch port idk man im just soooo tired of working on this... mon through sat waking up at 7am working till at least 3 well today till 3 every other day like 5, 6, 8pm like busting my ass..

just sucks but. thats SPL i guess.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

and that gap that the box fits into the tunnel is SOOO tight its rediculous like seriously a mm.. like pushing with all of our stregnth combined after like several tries it moves inch by inch.. its extremely difficult. and by myself haaaaa forget it.. i used a jack to push it in/ out. i didnt damage anything but jesus its redic.

but ima go chill, im car audio'd out..

thanks again though.

maybe ill have the energy to work again on monday..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Phase cancellation:

The relationship in time of two or more waveforms with the same or harmonically related periods gives us a measurement of their phase difference. Phase cancellation occurs when two signals of the same frequency are out of phase with each other resulting in a net reduction in the overall level of the combined signal. If two identical signals are 100% or 180 degrees out of phase they will completely cancel one another if combined. When similar complex signals (such as the left and right channel of a stereo music program) are combined phase cancellation will cause some frequencies to be cut, while others may end up boosted.

You can google it more if you want. I would try the port flip though.