Hellbound Train Posted August 17, 2012 Report Posted August 17, 2012 Just bought a thunder tiger st-1 with extra parts and fuel from a buddy I work with. May not be the best thing out but I've always wanted a nitro rc to play with and maybe race a bit. Anyone else out there into the nitro rc scene?
WastedTalent Posted August 17, 2012 Report Posted August 17, 2012 My ex was. Told her to go suck one, so she did... her ex's. So I became her ex. LMFAO!! Those things are pretty sick though, if it's what I'm thinkin of. Those little "toy cars" that depending on the engine and all, can go like 75 mph or somethin? Somewhere around you, there's a league. Not kiddin, people get together and either make a track or straight shots and race em. Don't know the website or a number to call or anything, as I was more focused on her, not a rc car. Could always give you her email, ha I kid I kid. But there truly is a league somewhere around DE VA MD PA... Sheena = pedobear
Hellbound Train Posted August 17, 2012 Author Report Posted August 17, 2012 Lol. Not sure I'll join a league. Just got a great deal and always wanted one. Something to tinker with too. Love working on stuff. This will occupy me when I'm waiting on parts for my build. I'll probably race for fun and just enjoy it.
WastedTalent Posted August 17, 2012 Report Posted August 17, 2012 I hear they're more of a pain than anything though cause if one thing goes wrong... no matter how minor... whole car is broke. Then the parts aren't readily available (usually a long drive or wait for shipping) and pretty costly. Seems like it would be 5 mins of driving time per like 8-9 hours of work on them. But again, I know nothing about them. I learned everything I do know about them from the ex and her kid. So not sure how true any of it was. Just like when we broke up, she asked if I drove by. "Why the hell would I drive by and why do you think I did?" "Idk, I just heard bass like it was your car", by the time we broke up I upgraded from some Kenwood pos to my RF T1's, as to which she never heard. But anyways, good luck man. If what she told me was true, it's gonna be pricey to keep up that hobby. Not as expensive as car audio but definitely more than some awesome legos! Lmfao!! Sheena = pedobear
Hellbound Train Posted August 17, 2012 Author Report Posted August 17, 2012 Actually there's a shop about 30 minutes from me. This will be my play to until I can get the monster truck I want.
bdog Posted August 17, 2012 Report Posted August 17, 2012 i have a tricked out hpi savage with a axial .28 and three speed. its pretty fun and sprays gravel about 20 feet REP
dog24fret Posted August 17, 2012 Report Posted August 17, 2012 Pretty tough little truck actually. Had one and did some mods and put two pico 21's. Love the sound of nitro but cleaning after each run takes 20 min if you have nitro cleaners lol. Bdog sir do you have pics or vids of that beast sounds interesting. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Chad Wilkins Posted August 17, 2012 Report Posted August 17, 2012 I was into em a bit 10-15 years ago. grew out of that phase quick.
Bmike Posted August 17, 2012 Report Posted August 17, 2012 I've had a hpi saveage 3 speed with big block in it, hpi proceed which probably hit around 80+mph,losieight with a big block,revo first gen,I had lots of fun with theese cars and trucks, very addictive.First one was around 300 bucks but ive spent close to 900 on another, between hop up's, controllers' bodys and other accesorys it get expensive , But the fun that was had was well worth what i put into it 2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd crescendo ft-1 supertweeters pioneer m650 pros audiocontrol 2xs crossover Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas
Hellbound Train Posted August 17, 2012 Author Report Posted August 17, 2012 Grabbed this one for $150 with some extra parts. I'm sure I'll enjoy it I love working on stuff and now I want one of the monster trucks.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.