Second Skin Audio

Never Happened Before

My deck and gains are set with DD-1 at volume 33 of my headunit, yada, yada. Its done right. I was playing around with some tones today, and with the volume at 30 all was fine. But at volume 31, the sub kind of sucked in (instead of the normal pushing out). Don't know how else to explain it LOL.

Of course output was less and it sounded shitty, but no bottoming out. I did not do it over and over to figure out, not worth risking damage to the sub. What is happening?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

i had a mid do that before. i believe that happens because of the back wave. try putting some cones or egg cartons on the wall behind the sub and see if it goes away. at least to test it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

probably just an optical illusion since you were just playing a tone. With music, your sub is playing lots of other frequencies (harmonics, other instruments, etc...) so it would look different than a tone. where as a tone is a single frequency with little else going on.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

all is relevant.

however, trouble shoot everything to do with wiring first. may have one voice coil out of phase. I know a pair of my dc's one voice coil was out of phase always even though on the connection was red and black it was always losing volume. it was bitch to say the least every rebuild.

all is relevant.

however, trouble shoot everything to do with wiring first. may have one voice coil out of phase. I know a pair of my dc's one voice coil was out of phase always even though on the connection was red and black it was always losing volume. it was bitch to say the least every rebuild.

I'm about to pull everything out to build a new box anyway, so ill be sure to check the voice coils. Outside connections are all good. Its just one of those "start from scratch" things I guess.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread