Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7

dl9890

They do sell a few of the AA woofers in the SSA store. Heres a link:

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/sub-woofers/ascendant-audio.html

Previous Build:

Sub: 2 Xtant 1244

Amp: Audiopipe APSM 1500

Custom Enclosure

Wires: Knu Konceptz 4ga

Future build:

Sub: 1 15 Fi BTL N2 or 2 Skar Audio VVX 12's (Not sure yet)

Amp: Audiopipe APSM 1500

Custom Enclosure

Tweeters: JL Audio TR050

Wires: Knu Konceptz 4ga

<---- is an AA dealer

suppose to be a DC dealer to but being so close to DC 4 hours away everyone just gos direct here

might hit you up later about some Level 3's ;)

but OP, i also considered some FI SSD's but later read on their website, they're designed to be SQ subs.

NOT what im looking for lol

The ssd's are not a sq sub, they are SQL which is what u wont for daily.

"SilveradoGoesBang"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place

<---- is an AA dealer

suppose to be a DC dealer to but being so close to DC 4 hours away everyone just gos direct here

but OP, i also considered some FI SSD's but later read on their website, they're designed to be SQ subs.

buddy, you don't have any idea what SQL means.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

<---- is an AA dealer

buddy, you don't have any idea what SQL means.

Kk buddy let me bow down to u then but the Ssd is not a all out sq sub...

"SilveradoGoesBang"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

sorry to come off as a dick lol. Pretty much anything from Fi is designed to be more of a daily groundpounder type deal. You look into a brand like focal, their main focus is sound quality, musical accuracy, etc.

watch this video and see how far you can get before he loses you lol

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Seriously, guys. Why are some of you guys continue to kill new people for liking Kicker? If they like Kicker, let them. Just don't force them to like different subwoofer just because of your opinion or because of million of other kids who own kicker and think they're the world's loudest (don't worry about them). And as for sound quality: Just remember that it's all about installation (keyword). You could put the best subwoofer in a crappy box and it'll sound crap. Put the crappy subwoofer in an amazing installation and it'll sounds good.

I used to have a pair of S12"L7 and a pair of S10"L7 (at different times) and I've had a lot of people came up to me and was impressed by the sounds it delivered. Polocat (the guy who worked for Kicker Company) has stated that Kicker has won several Sound quality awards in the past.

My point: Instead of attacking new people, let them experience the subwoofer(s) and they'll judge it for themselves. In my opinion, I strongly believe that having an actual experience with subwoofers is the best way to "test the water." I have nothing but love for Kicker because, again, in MY opinion, they're awesome. Even my wife is a big fan of Kicker already.

-Smurfboy

Keyword: in the past lol. Their oldschool stuff was awesome from what i hear. their new stuff not so much.

At 479 per 15" L7, there are better options out there for that price that perform just as well -if not better than- the L7.

We're not attacking the OP for liking kicker. I used to be a kicker nut hugger as well. We're trying to steer him towards better options, trying to save him money.

There are cheaper ways to "test the water". I'm going to guess you either got your old kickers at a steal of a price, or you didn't know about the brands that most of the forum uses back when you had them. I bet you wouldn't pay $479 for a 15" L7 knowing what you do now.

I agree that installation is everything, so why spend the extra money running the L7's if you're not going to see much more (if any) benefit from using them?

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

sorry to come off as a dick lol. Pretty much anything from Fi is designed to be more of a daily groundpounder type deal. You look into a brand like focal, their main focus is sound quality, musical accuracy, etc.

watch this video and see how far you can get before he loses you lol

It's all good I was just more or less trying to say that the ssd's are not atotal sq sub but they get loud but sound good which is what I referred to SQL if that even makes sence i just woke up from a nap haha

"SilveradoGoesBang"

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

L715 are $750 a piece, and the L7 one of the most sold subs here, especially when the closest sub in performance is over 1g.

we dont have have anywhere near the competition or available of other brands here unless you want to spend even more

For those who want tried and tested main stream brand! For those who want to go loud! For those who love the name kicker! For those who love to keep the eletrical standard! For those who love bass in between 35 -50hz. They can go Kicker. Lol!

An S15L7 needs only a ZX750.1 to keep it kicking some serious bass in a ported box. And they are reliable.

I am saying 140db for someone who is upgrading from a basic sub is really good and all that they would need. Anything louder is definitely going to hurt.

I keep hearing brand X can handle more powaaa for lesser price!! Yes and for more power it needs a bigger amp takes more juice from your electricals. Straining your battery and alternator isnt a good thing. If you mix a ZX750.1 and ZX 350.4, you would max at less than 140Amps which can be handled without an extra battery if you are playing it smart.

Like someone said before I was a Kicker nuthugger, lol! Now I too moved on!

But anyone who is getting their first or second system, for anyone who will never see competition lines, for anyone who isnt into extreme groundpounding Kicker can suffice.

It can be pickedup from a normal store in US and just build the box according to the Kicker manual considering your trunk space. You would have decently loud system.

If I was given an option of Kicker subs, I would choose a front a rear speaker that can produce a lot of Mid bass though.

just my 2 cents.

Archived