Second Skin Audio

TC LMS-4000 15" box help

Ive decided to go solo 15" for my build, which will allow me ALOT of box volume for it (between 5-6 cuft max). i was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this brand and what box this sub might like to see? Ive been thinking between 4-4.5 cu ft, but i wanted to see what you guys would recommend me to try and measure for? Ill be using about 2k-2.5k watts. thanks

Ive decided to go solo 15" for my build, which will allow me ALOT of box volume for it (between 5-6 cuft max). i was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this brand and what box this sub might like to see? Ive been thinking between 4-4.5 cu ft, but i wanted to see what you guys would recommend me to try and measure for? Ill be using about 2k-2.5k watts. thanks

Seriously off:

http://web.archive.org/web/20061112053902/www.tcsounds.com/lms4000.htm

Would need to model to see how smaller it can be done

what do you mean "would need to model" sorry, didn't quite catch what your looking for? I don't think that that is my exact sub, here is the link the link to the one i am getting.

http://www.caraudioc...tc-spiders.html

edit: TC says that these things like to be tuned low (around 20 hz) is this confirmed?

Edited by Jordan Guess

If you are getting a custom built sub specs are anyone's guess, it needs to be broken in and then measure t/s params, or take a guess, if that's the exact unit you are getting you should ask the guy to tell the specs they gave him. They took off the LMS coil so it won't perform linear as the original 4000 hope that's what you are wanting.