I have never had a prebuilt reconed arrived damaged, Ive delt with sundown, fi, aa, psi, dd, dc several times and all items are usually packed very well, most use PVC thru the coils to avoid damage, that pvc is than glued to the top and bottom of the box, surround by loads of foam..

As for those cones, they are thin, resonate very bad at higher frequencies like a ting sound but a constant vibrating ting. And Ive had 1 set fold already in a prefab ported box powered by a mrp-1000 alpine amp rand @ 2 ohms to the pair of woofers. There is no structural anything to them, the wide ass roll surround is useless and acts as if they are 10s.

Your by far better off with a pressed paper cone. Tho it sucks about what happened, good luck dealing with PAP, theres a reason why everything told is negative about them it seems.

Those cones are straight up garbage!!! I used them before and never again, there is no strength to them...

If they where packed correctly they wouldnt have been damaged either.

Those cones are straight up garbage!!! I used them before and never again, there is no strength to them...

If they where packed correctly they wouldnt have been damaged either.

Are they really ? i would have thought different.. HHMMM. well they were packed tightly and you can see crease marks on the sides of the boxes where it looks like it was crushed.

Boxes get tossed and stacked A LOT in that industry. It FUBARS a lot of stuff in the process. Also, HOLY FUCKING SURROUND!

I'm gonna hate

I have never had a prebuilt reconed arrived damaged, Ive delt with sundown, fi, aa, psi, dd, dc several times and all items are usually packed very well, most use PVC thru the coils to avoid damage, that pvc is than glued to the top and bottom of the box, surround by loads of foam..

As for those cones, they are thin, resonate very bad at higher frequencies like a ting sound but a constant vibrating ting. And Ive had 1 set fold already in a prefab ported box powered by a mrp-1000 alpine amp rand @ 2 ohms to the pair of woofers. There is no structural anything to them, the wide ass roll surround is useless and acts as if they are 10s.

Your by far better off with a pressed paper cone. Tho it sucks about what happened, good luck dealing with PAP, theres a reason why everything told is negative about them it seems.

Thanks Brain, There was a cardboard roll that fit snug between each voice coil. This one was facing down to the bottom of the box. Jacob fuller said he could do it but it would take awhile. Well it woulda been faster than PAP and wouldn't have damaged..

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

damn bro that sucks. I hope you didn't pay a lot. I know SPL audio on facebook does nice recones and reasonable prices.

400 for the pair..

that sounds too expensive. how much power can they take?

check this guy out, he's pretty good. He sold me a recone that could handle 3000wrms for my dc lvl 4 12" for less than what you paid for 1

http://www.facebook.com/splaudio.dean

Brain, I wish i would have known all this before. So it looks like it needs to be completly rebuilt or just a new cone ? If you have a cone i could pay you to rebuild it for me. What do you suggest i do now that i have allot of my money invested? Obviously im not spending 1,000's of dollars but 400 is allot for an 18 y/o with car insurance and what not. ( again im not bragging or whinning)

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Dang thats a good chunk of change to spend, and to have them show up that way. Hope this works out for you.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas