Sonic Electronix

For now I plan to keep the 3rd row bench seat in, family of 6. With that in mind, I have no real idea of systems, well I guess high end. I have two CVR 12's with a performance teknique 779 1.2k watt amp. Everything else in the car is factory, tweets doors rear deck are Bose but all ran off a kenwood head unit. That stuff is staying in the car im selling. I have an initial 1k to spend in a few months and want to grab the best I can with that.

So you all I ask for your help and input. I will be trying my hand at fiberglassing so that can be included in what you recommend. Whats the best I can get with that 1k with an eye for upgrades in the future? Initial outlay will need to include dynamat/secondskin. No head unit as I will stay with the stock and build myself a carputer sometime soon. This is not included in my 1k budget.

Help? Tomorrow I will upload some pics of my Yukon I just bought TONIGHT! To say I'm excited would be selling it short!

1k for the entire system? Including wood for the box, sound deadening, etc minus the head unit? I'll be honest, 1k is a very tight budget for everything. Might be best to just do pieces at a time.

If you don't go with pieces, you'll be going with basic entry level stuff as to which you'll just have to upgrade everything as I had to. I spent $1500 for my first system, which also included a head unit which was about half of that. And that was no sound deadening. "I want more bass" so get new subs but the amp couldn't power them so needed a new amp.

And if you're not gonna do the stuff yourself, but have a box built for you or whatnot, that just costs more obviously. So considering you did say upgrades in the future, I highly recommend going in pieces.

Think everyone will agree 1k is a tight budget to get pretty good stuff. It'd be mainly entry level as to which you'd have to replace pretty much everything when you upgrade.

Sheena = pedobear

whats your goals?

And here is where it gets confusing. I can tell you I want something that will hit HARD and have a crisp sound. This will not be for any show's. I'm thinking two 15's considering space, with at least 8's in the doors along with mids. This WILL be a slow build, the 1k is my initial investment, obviously I want to throw the dampener down and run wires needed first. So I guess Im asking. Starting with the 1k, Investment, I want some sounds in the truck, run off the stock HU for now, but I want to lay the ground work. We will say my end result will be maybe a 3 to 5k system. What the ends up being in terms of wattage IDK.

1k for the entire system? Including wood for the box, sound deadening, etc minus the head unit? I'll be honest, 1k is a very tight budget for everything. Might be best to just do pieces at a time.

If you don't go with pieces, you'll be going with basic entry level stuff as to which you'll just have to upgrade everything as I had to. I spent $1500 for my first system, which also included a head unit which was about half of that. And that was no sound deadening. "I want more bass" so get new subs but the amp couldn't power them so needed a new amp.

And if you're not gonna do the stuff yourself, but have a box built for you or whatnot, that just costs more obviously. So considering you did say upgrades in the future, I highly recommend going in pieces.

Think everyone will agree 1k is a tight budget to get pretty good stuff. It'd be mainly entry level as to which you'd have to replace pretty much everything when you upgrade.

Yes the aim is pieces at a time. And I am going to try my hand at box building. Later today when I up the pic's I will give you a clearer idea of how I think I want the encloser to be and you Pro's over here can let me know if it's feasible. I hope not to replace alot, so If I need to just grab 1 or 2 amps now to power the subs and speakers for the doors, I want the amps to be good enough for keeping or reselling at a solid price to upgrade so as the initial investment is not wasted. Does this make sense? So plan it as if the budget is between 3 and 4k but keeping in mind I will get the minimum first just to have some sound in the truck.

What kinda dimensions you working with behind the 3rd row? Will 15s even fit between the the third row and hatch? I sold my Yukon and don't remember but I don't think there's enough room unless yours is an XL..

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!