Second Skin Audio

Box building tips.

MrEwubbsZ

alright see these are the kinds of tips i was looking for lol Thanks again guys.

So i shouldnt use resin? I have a bunch of it left over from another project.

no real need for it.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

alright see these are the kinds of tips i was looking for lol Thanks again guys.

So i shouldnt use resin? I have a bunch of it left over from another project.

no real need for it.

Alright right ill take you word for it.

So with the baffle sure i glue them together then screw them into the box? or glue together let it dry then screw them onto the rest of the box?

Thats pretty much my last question.

the screws will act like clamps while the glue dries. so you'll want to screw it together before the glue dries. glue is your strength, screws are your clamps

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

If you put the double baffle together before putting it on the box, you'll need longer screws to attach it to the box...unless you c'bore through the top layer.

I like to clamp and pre-drill before adding glue. It's easier to clamp without the board squishing all over the place.

Then I remove the clamps, add glue, and start all screws with just the tips sticking through.

They will help align the piece back to the box and clamping is a piece of cake (if even necessary).

'09 Sierra Ext Cab - under construction

(1) RF T2500-1 -running- (4) RF T1 12's

(1) RF T1000-4 -running- (2) RF T1652-S

Stock alt / battery -plus- (1) DC Power 230a & (2) Kinetik 1800

Buncha OFC Knu

Buncha Second Skin

Kenwood DDX814 - Alpine Imprint - RF 360.3

If you put the double baffle together before putting it on the box, you'll need longer screws to attach it to the box...unless you c'bore through the top layer.

I like to clamp and pre-drill before adding glue. It's easier to clamp without the board squishing all over the place.

Then I remove the clamps, add glue, and start all screws with just the tips sticking through.

They will help align the piece back to the box and clamping is a piece of cake (if even necessary).

Couldnt of laid it out any better.

Im glad everyone is answering and now when someone looks up "Box building tips" this will come up and not just how to tune it and what calc. to use

the screws will act like clamps while the glue dries. so you'll want to screw it together before the glue dries. glue is your strength, screws are your clamps

I have question, do screws even need to be used if I have enough clamps?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

here are some tips that might be helpful that work for me.

-measure twice cut once for sure

-try to make straight cuts. now that i have a table saw its pretty easy

-tite bond ll is the glue i use

-clamps always help hold it together for screwing. now instead of clamps i nail 2 corners to hold it together while i use my countersink bit before screwing it just works for me.

-practice make perfect the more you doit the easier it gets

Archived