Sonic Electronix

New on the block! Came for help, will pay in cookies!

Hey guys/gals, My name is James and I'm from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. After watching Steve's videos for a long time, and hearing all the good stuff about this forum, I've come to gain some knowledge and ask for some help.

I do have a pretty good understanding of all the basics (I've put 3 systems in customers vehicles, and I have too much spare time), but you can never know enough, right?

So here's my situation.....

I've got a 1995 AM General Hummer (4 door, soft top, 5.7L gas engine) that DOES see offroad, and I'm trying to figure out what I can do for it when it comes to audio (duh). Since its soft top, it kind of threw me a curveball when I was thinking everything through, a little out of my norm of SUVs/pickups. So that brings me to these questions.....

-Is it possible to get a convertible/soft top to hit hard?

-Does anyone on here have experience with the H1 and audio?

-And im looking for somebody that knows what theyre doing to essentially "design" a system for me. (that would be woofers/tweeters/speakers/amps)

That out of the way....

-Price doesn't matter. I want to do it right the first time.

-I want it to still be reasonable (ie. I dont want to take out my back seats for subs, and I dont want TVs all over the place)

-I am pretty capable with fibreglass

If anyone can help me out, or at least answer some of my questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

James

What's ur budget? I always lol at threads that say price doesn't matter then they say that their budget is $1000 for a whole system

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Pics of the truck would help. Also your goals for the system, type of music you listen to, etc.

Also, I will take my payment in snicker doodle cookies. Welcome to the forum.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

In for pics :peepwall:

H1's are the tits. Only real hummer to me.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Trying to email them to myself....

My goals for the system, Well Id like to eventually take it to the occasional show and shine (and the offroad events I go to), aswell as enjoying music while riding around town.

Music, I really do listen to everything. The majority of my music is heavy bass, Like Far too loud, Knife party, E40, Eminem, Feed me, etc..... The list goes on and on.

And C-fizzy theyre on their way! haha

Depends on where it would be going. I could easily get the premade boxes to go under the rear seats, but I dont think that would be very good considering the lack of top.

From what I remember when I measured the back deck is about 40 inches wide. Truck isnt sitting infront of me right now to measure

Edit: And yeah shes alright. Got a ways to go though until ill be happy

What's the dimensions between the seats in the back? That looks like it could be a nice spot for 2 small subs.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived