TylerParrish Posted August 30, 2012 Author Report Posted August 30, 2012 Ahhh, the bricks. As for words of wisdom about basic. Shit, it's all mental. All the names you'll be called and the sweat you'll pour are to see if you have the mental fortitude. Unfortunately a lot slip through the cracks. Today's Corps isn't what it was 5 years ago. If a kid can't handle the "GANGWAY DRILL INSTRUCTOR!" one arms distance stiff arm scenario then what can you expect when he gets "turtle fucked" when he's caught sleeping on post. I don't know what happened between the TI and kid but I feel the kid was wrong. Trust me when I say this (and im sure Orion, N8 and all the other bubbas serving/served on here) if a boot came to the unit with that attitude or did that?! Sheeeeit, it would get real emotional real quick. Definitely is mental. Just like sports. 80% mental, 20% physical. Some crap like that. If you can handle being called names and all that, well you got most of it beat. But as for that kid and the TI, it wasn't just like the TI pushed him. It had more to the story which I forget. Well I can handle whatever they wanna do to me, as long as i know for a fact (which I do) that it's what i wanna do What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
n8ball2013 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Well from what everyone's said, they don't say about the abuse lol. I'm sure it's the same across all branches during basic but prepare to be called names and told how you're worthless. But most importantly, remember that they can't touch you. So if one does? Go ahead and punch him. You may lose the battle, but you'll win the war. Seen many TI's get kicked out for harming trainees. Kid was in the stairwell, and you're supposed to move to the right for the TI. He didn't, or didn't move far enough over. TI got in his face and pushed him or something and so the kid punched the TI in the face. The kid just got talked to and the TI either was discharged or immediate job placement as something else. Haha. But all in all, as long as you don't do stupid stuff, you'll be fine. And by stupid stuff, I mean getting drunk in the barracks (or whatever Marines call em), throwing TV's off the 3rd floor onto the ground, breaking the stairwell lights, etc. Sadly, was friends with the kid who did all that and more (pushed over a port-a-potty, and the list goes on). As long as you act like a normal reasonable adult, you'll be fine. I would not recommend punching a drill instructor. AT that point you've assaulted them and you will get handled. And It probably wont be the drill instructors that get to you first. I only saw one instance where some ass hat tried that when i was at basic and the rest of hte platoon handled the business. Marine Corps basic training is a whole new animal than any of the other services. even if its the kinder gentler corps now. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Maebros Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Marine Corps basic training is a whole new animal than any of the other services. this is true however a buddy fucker is still a buddy fucker no matter what branch and they still get dealt with. HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said: I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster. On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said: he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.
vrollin Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Go for a role in the engineers just remember with these sorts of training establishments, when some dude is yelling at you, its never actually important, its never actually about you, its all a game to just mind fuck you, let the insults roll off like water to a ducks back and when they do have genuine feedback and instruction maintain that information....
bcpballer64 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Not in my self but my best friend was in the Natl Guard for a while, I know the Marine boot camp is way more intense then Natl Guard is, words of wisdom, stay hydrated, and dont bother bringing anything personal with you as the TI/DI's will rip it up or destroy to start off with the mind fuck, and they cant touch you but their starched pressed hat brim can rub the shit out of your forehead lol. Another buddy was a USMC combat engineer for 6 years in Baghdad, he loved every minute of it. Thanks for serving our country. And stay hydrated lol "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
SASoanes Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Choose a job that offers gratification, nothing worst than being force or encouraged to do something you don't enjoy. I'm been in the Marines for 18 years now and I've loved every day of it. And thats after 5 trips to Iraq and 4 to Afghanistan. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Good Luck and have fun.
TylerParrish Posted August 30, 2012 Author Report Posted August 30, 2012 I wouldn't be going in if i wasn't goin to do something I absolutely loved, and I'll have to take all this into consideration and not let all of it eat away at me like i feel it will....anything I can do to prepare for all that? Other than the simple fact of knowing that it all means nothing and they're just gettin me ready? What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
tdc3187 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 I wish I had a good reason why my parents shielded me from service. It would have been a far more productive stage of my life then how it turned out. If I could go back and join I would have. Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/
bcpballer64 Posted August 30, 2012 Report Posted August 30, 2012 Just go in knowing they are fucking your brain and that after it all you are going to salute them and shake their hand. I mean they will yell, wake you up in the middle of the night, threaten you, degrade you, objectify you. Just know they are going to and it shouldnt get to you. "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
TylerParrish Posted August 30, 2012 Author Report Posted August 30, 2012 Just go in knowing they are fucking your brain and that after it all you are going to salute them and shake their hand. I mean they will yell, wake you up in the middle of the night, threaten you, degrade you, objectify you. Just know they are going to and it shouldnt get to you. All i needed to know, I'll just smile, salute, shake hands, and know I'm doing something better with my life by doing it all. What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.