Second Skin Audio

How does this 4th order design look?

AmmoJammo

Seriously dude? You don't cause enough shit on the other forum? This has NOTHING to do with SMD, it doesn't belong on here, but since you took the liberty of posting it, i may as well explain why it's designed the way it is.

Enclosure Specs:

.6ft^3 sealed [light egg foam]

1.05ft^3 ported

Port: 30mm X 384mm X 430mm | 1.18in X 15.12in X 16.93in | 109.7cm^2/ft^3 | 17.0in^2/ft^3

Tuning: Ported: Ported; 47.8hz before disp. | Sealed; 53.1hz before disp

The drivers won't see much over 300w RMS after imp. rise with the customers current electrical setup, this enclosure is designed to get the most out of those 300w.

The sealed chamber is the size it is to reduce group delay and lower the impedance spike [4 ohms lower than the ported equivalent enclosure of the same size], as well as lowering the forward wave restriction due to the low amount of power available to the drivers.

The vent is within the limits of mouth area and porting to stay out of vent mach.

This enclosure is for breaking the woofers in. A proper enclosure [6th order] will be designed once the woofers are properly broken in and the customer purchases a vehicle with more usable cargo room.

I would appreciate if a moderator would close/delete this thread as i did not authorize use of my property by the user AmmoJammo or by this forum.

mind telling me how exactly you tune the sealed side of a 4th order?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Seriously dude? You don't cause enough shit on the other forum? This has NOTHING to do with SMD, it doesn't belong on here, but since you took the liberty of posting it, i may as well explain why it's designed the way it is.

Enclosure Specs:

1.05ft^3 ported

Port: 30mm X 384mm X 430mm | 1.18in X 15.12in X 16.93in | 109.7cm^2/ft^3 | 17.0in^2/ft^3

The drivers won't see much over 300w RMS after imp. rise with the customers current electrical setup, this enclosure is designed to get the most out of those 300w.

The sealed chamber is the size it is to reduce group delay and lower the impedance spike [4 ohms lower than the ported equivalent enclosure of the same size], as well as lowering the forward wave restriction due to the low amount of power available to the drivers.

The vent is within the limits of mouth area and porting to stay out of vent mach.

This enclosure is for breaking the woofers in. A proper enclosure [6th order] will be designed once the woofers are properly broken in and the customer purchases a vehicle with more usable cargo room.

I would appreciate if a moderator would close/delete this thread as i did not authorize use of my property by the user AmmoJammo or by this forum.

mind telling me how exactly you tune the sealed side of a 4th order?

he's probably talking about the f3. the way he's talking about group delay and port mech gives it away that he's using some type of box building software. either WinISD or BBP6

Free air the subs it´s cheaper to break them in lol, no need to charge a guy some money on a badpass just for that purpose in order to charge him even more for another bandpass after the suspension it´s softer , just saying :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Enclosure Specs:

1.05ft^3 ported

wow... just wow... sounds like you haven't had a hell of alot of real world experience, there's ALOT more to it that what you may read in a book or on the internet... spouting stuff like the above may makeyou sound smart to the n00bs on some other forums, but you tend to just look a dill infront of people with half an idea...

SMD-1.png

Hi,

Both the users in this thread, DSD and AmmoJammo, have been having a good old argument on another forum about this box, amongst other things. It's getting a bit beyond annoying.

I don't do audio, I do mechanics. All I would like is an honest, knowledgeable answer as to who is right and who is talking crap. Nothing more and nothing less.

Link:

http://forums.mighty...Order-Enclosure

That sub doesnt model very well in a 4th order on bassbox pro 6. It has a very peaky response. I tried to put in alot of different sizes and none of them looked good.

No matter what ratio or size the graph ends up looking like the one on this thread. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/146775-2-sa-12s-4th-order-build-81812-update-pg3-video-up/

Hi,

Both the users in this thread, DSD and AmmoJammo, have been having a good old argument on another forum about this box, amongst other things. It's getting a bit beyond annoying.

I don't do audio, I do mechanics. All I would like is an honest, knowledgeable answer as to who is right and who is talking crap. Nothing more and nothing less.

Link:

http://forums.mighty...Order-Enclosure

honestly, DSD/Mr. Dunn is pretty much full of it... he may be a nice guy, and personally i have no issues with the guy, i don't know him... but the crap that he posts is just at the point where it confuses me as to whether or not he has even built anything before...

he clearly focus's FAR too much on whatever enclosure design program he's using is telling him, and takes it as truth, and seems to have theories seeded in low excursion drivers, similar to what you might find in the old woofer enclosure cook book... but anyone on here will tell you that there is ALOT more that goes into the design of a proper enclosure than just using big words to explain a poor design.... yes the words he's spouting out usually mean "something" but 99% of what i've seen him posting on MCM is just whack,such as advising people that no matter how big their amps they won't make more than around 300rms due to the factory electrical setup, and you need a bigger alt to make more power, and CEA ratings for headnits are capped at 7wrms at any impedance for north america, and hat signal to noise ratio of an amplifyer has anything to do with it's output, kind of like the sensitivity of a speaker... or some random crap like that... i've personally posted in a couple of his threads in the past trying to correct him and help turn the thread into something more productive, but have ended in nothing but him calling me names in an effort to seem "smarter" than i...

at the end of the day AmmoJammo can come across a little abrupt, but he's telling it strait down the line, that is one hell of a poorly designed box... and i would herald a guess that a basic ported box would be louder and sound much nicer...

SMD-1.png

Archived