A sub enclosure that made me piss myself

I was browsing forums, just killing time at work. Came across this....

"I have a pair of 10" subwoofers and a crappy amp that was given to me for free and I have it installed. The enclosure takes a lot of much needed space in my trunk. I was wondering what would happen if I take the subwoofers out of the box and mount them to the back of the seat facing towards inside of the car. That way I can have my subwoofers and still take very less space. I was thinking of mounting them at the bottom half of the seat so it takes the space that can't be used anyways, since the seat is slanted.

Basically, will the subwoofer make any bass using the proposed method? Perhaps with a more powerful amp?"

So dude wanted to mount his unnamed subs onto the back of his back seats, making the trunk the sub enclosure. Really? I understand how a box takes up so much space but that's...part of the game. If you want your trunk, you don't want a system. Simple enough. I mean he could get fancy and do things that we've all seen on tv with those shows like pimp my ride and whatnot. But with how he seems to not care? And for the record, there was 10+ pages of replies to that which very quickly got off the OP topic. And his box was ported so some of the replies said he could go sealed but he'd lose some bass.

Thought that was funny. I first read it thinking he just wanted to get rid of the box and put the subs in the trunk. No bracing, no anything. Just let em ride! But at least he did want to mount them.. just horribly wrong. If someone on here would ask that, I think the #1 thing that'd be said is "You're a retard" but then you'd need to know specs like what amp? what subs? But he never says. And I'm curious as to how he'd mount them on the back of the seats facing forward. I'd imagine if he put the cone against the seat and mounted it, the sub would break/blow/catch somethin on fire pretty quickly. Especially if it's a pos sub.

But with all that said, I'm an audio noob and maybe I'm completely wrong. Just thought that was funny.

Sheena = pedobear

What kind of vehicle was it and what subs was he using ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived