2012 Corolla build...No Longer (New Truck)

So i have it ready to go here outside at first... till i moved it to the barn.

2012-09-04122857.jpg

So here i have the first layer of resin and fiber glass. Since i have only about an hour or so a day to do this, i will have to wait till tomorrow to get the second layer on. I am on the night shift right now so that is why i only have an hour or so... I get home about 630am then i have to be at work by 530pm.

2012-09-04132656.jpg

you can put the brush in some acetone and you can use em more often. but then you'll be spending money on acetone instead of brushes, and i don't know how much a jug of acetone is offhand. i buy a bunch of cheap brushes, like less than a dollar a piece

and you have the same shift i do pretty much. i don't get home as late except for saturdays, i get home at almost 8 am. usually it's 3 or 4 but i can't find time to get SHIT done at all. i hate it.

Yeah it sucks at times at least i have a rotating schedule days a few weeks then nights a few weeks, but i work every other saturday.

So i just got a few more layers on this so far its coming along good. once it is completely dried after putting a few more layers i will remove the shell start mocking up some mdf to get this closer to being done.

Alright so i did some more work on the enclosure. I test fit the enclosure and It fit in there like a glove and did not move at all. Although it fit fit i ran into clearance issues.... Here are some pics.

It fits in there nice and to me is looking pretty good.

1d59aa75.jpg

8b6bac54.jpg

So i go ahead and try to close the trunk and to my surprise it wont close... So i looked around and seen it was a wire.

60ed8323.jpg

88779bb6.jpg

I thought, easy fix just re-route the wire and call it done. Not a big deal i work at the toyota manufacturing plant and if i break a clip i could most likely get another.

69dc5468.jpg

So after re-routing the wire i thought i was good to go. Well another issue came up. There is a cross bar that forces the trunk to open when the latch is released, well its in the way now. So i thought well maybe i could take it off because the other side had the same latch and it could open it alone. Well it was attached with rivets and i didn't want to cut it off, so now i need to make adjustments to the box.

764a9dbc.jpg

42bafac4.jpg

cf415c17.jpg

So now i will have to cut the a small portion out of the corner where the latch will be. I am glad i test fitted it before i re-enforced the back of the fleece and put the carpet on. So at least it is not that big of a deal.

More updates to come later.

nice

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

looks really nice man!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived