28" Wheels + 25 Series Tires + Big Pothole = Instant Carnage

Probably not the best idea to rely on a damaged tire as a spare if you ever really need it. Just sayin'.

Agreed, but it's better than no spare if I'm on a long trip and get a flat on the main tires. These tires are 3-1/2" taller than stock, so an ordinary spare won't work. It's barely damaged, but enough so that I wouldn't want it on the truck every day. I wouldn't put a badly damaged tire on my truck and no competent tire shop would mount one up for a customer if they have any brains at all. It's just something that if I'm driving some long distance I can throw it up on the roof rack as a spare and only use it to get me somewhere in an emergency. I'd rather have a backup plan than no plan at all. I'm gonna drive the truck around town on it for a few days while waiting for my new wheel and tire to get here, so I'll at least be able to see if anything "feels off" or if it develops a bubble.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Itll be like 150 200$ to fix my rim is a 3 piece asanti i would think its cheaper to fix that? Rim looks like a U2 35s or so

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

My bro hit a "pot hole" 2 weeks ago.. ( MI roads ftw....)

Did this to the front

6609F2E0-EC6E-4540-B429-1BB587A00A85-3123-0000023914D258F2.jpg

And put a hole in the roear and bent the rear rim.. 2 rims/tires taken out..

Best part is.. I live in canada, and was on call when this happend so i had to send my mom woth the stock wheels to put back on haha

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Honestly, you could probably bend that rim out with a rubber hammer. It's definitely not ruined though just take it somewhere or do it yourself. Some people may think it's ghetto but it works every time.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Itll be like 150 200$ to fix my rim is a 3 piece asanti i would think its cheaper to fix that? Rim looks like a U2 35s or so

Captain, I want pics of the whole vehicle. It's an Escalade isn't it?

EDIT- Sorry to spam this thread.

It's a Borghini Bentchi B15. They mounted up the tire and put pressure in it. It's trash. Not even worth having as a spare, worse than I thought. :( got TWO eggs on the sidewall and slit cuts down the side from driving home on it.

That really sucks FoxRacin4....definitely something to hang up on the garage carnage wall!

Pics of truck and wife for you CleanSierra....

030.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

if you are selling them wheels...how much with the wife?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I HATED when I ran had 35 series on my 22s. Can't inagine how tedious it would be to drive in MI with 25 series. I was very happy to get my 40 series on that were 40MM wider as well, so there's a much healthier sidewall on the tires now. Sorry to hear about the wheels, but it sounds like its no huge surprise since you KNOW it's a gamble with such little tire between the wheel and road.

On a side note, glad to finally see the ride that will be full of CF goodness soon enough. Have you decided which amp you may choose to put in it? Also, have you a high output alternator in the thing yet? Same with battery bank, anything going in?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived