Sonic Electronix

18 INCH Pyle Sub...worth $$$????

Kapton is a non-conductive material and is therefore not influenced by the eddy-current effect like aluminum, when situated in a magnetic gap.

In practice this means no mechanical brake and therefore a very high mechanical Q-factor and low Mechanical resistance.

Drivers with Kapton voice coil former often perform a more detailed midrange with higher dynamic and less coloration and distortion.

Due to the lack of mechanical brake, we do not recommend the use of Kapton drivers as bass driver, because if the x-max is exceeded there is nothing to prevent the driver from bottoming out. For sub woofer applications, please use drivers with aluminum voice coil formers.

For use in the drivers with 77 mm and 102 mm voice coils, we have made a hybrid between the two - the Kapton Alu system (KA system). It utilizes the advantages from both systems. When the driver is within it´s x-max, the voice coil works as a Kapton voice coil but if the driver exceeds x-max, it works like an aluminum voice coil, braking the cone.

Drivers with Kapton voice coil former, can have a tendency to a more pronounced break-up before roll off, because of the lack of mechanical brake.

copy and paste FTW

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Kapton is a non-conductive material and is therefore not influenced by the eddy-current effect like aluminum, when situated in a magnetic gap.

In practice this means no mechanical brake and therefore a very high mechanical Q-factor and low Mechanical resistance.

Drivers with Kapton voice coil former often perform a more detailed midrange with higher dynamic and less coloration and distortion.

Due to the lack of mechanical brake, we do not recommend the use of Kapton drivers as bass driver, because if the x-max is exceeded there is nothing to prevent the driver from bottoming out. For sub woofer applications, please use drivers with aluminum voice coil formers.

For use in the drivers with 77 mm and 102 mm voice coils, we have made a hybrid between the two - the Kapton Alu system (KA system). It utilizes the advantages from both systems. When the driver is within it´s x-max, the voice coil works as a Kapton voice coil but if the driver exceeds x-max, it works like an aluminum voice coil, braking the cone.

Drivers with Kapton voice coil former, can have a tendency to a more pronounced break-up before roll off, because of the lack of mechanical brake.

copy and paste FTW

thank you....now there is only Blaupunkt.....worth the money?

and

screw the 18 incher....maybe...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

but then ahain i would try it anyway....

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

well anyway....screw this pyle product.....

so moving to Blaupunkt VPw 1500...gonna be good fo 150$...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Sometimes you have to spend more than 150 bucks to get a decent product. Just saying.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

why....i really liked the blaupunkts...

well i do have a GZ sub and i do have a blaupunkt sub...just need a box for it...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

hmm---i guess.....well..then a blaupunkt....but a 15incher....

Get a 15" RF or a 15" DC Level 2 or Audioque or PSI. Those are good subs at somewhat decent prices.

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

Well if ive learned anything when it comes to buying ANYTHING on a budget..

what ever you do, DO NOT buy the cheapest thing in the store, its a turd and will remain a turd no matter how shiney the box..

if you have to go cheap at least buy the next thing up or two, do not buy the lowest..

i cant tell you how bad i wish i didnt come to own some junk which i cant give away.. ive owned some "next step up" stuff which was still ... meh but at least i could live with it/ work with and try to just over achieve instead of swirling your dick around in a pile (no pun intended) of shit..

spend a lil more $$$

two 18s.. and amount of space thatd take... the wood would easily be worth more than the subs.. if you just wanna sat f it and waste life and money.. for giggles thats cool id watch:p

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Hi Gally, americans don´t understand, how it real works in Europe.

The Pyle is surly not a 18 sub with goodnes, only a big sub (By the way i found him for arround 100 shipped http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-Pyle-Blue-4-Ohm-DVC-18-Inch-1800w-In-Car-Subwoofer-Sub-Bass-Driver-Woofer-/230836716307?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35bef0c313).

Out of your country, i would try to buy about German E-bay. the shipping is not so expensive from Germany to other european countries.

And the prices are ok espacially in summer. I dont think that he get much more than 150 € for the DDhttp://www.ebay.de/itm/Digital-Designs-3515D-Subwoofer-TOP-ZUSTAND-/160876773971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item257500c253

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived