How much power can these subs take?

oooooh the replies in this thread...lol

i know where fink is coming from. if you know you can do it, and do it safely then you'll do it, no problems. if you're one of those people like 'hmmm...i have a 2000 watt amp so i'm gonna buy a 500 watt sub and put 2k to it'. no. buy a sub that can safely handle it. just becase one other person does it doesn't mean it's perfectly fine to do it.

and lol at companies 'under rating things so idiots won't blow them'. i always thought they rated them at thermal and mechanical capabilities, among other things. now i know :pardon:

I would worry more for a clipped signal than overpowering with clean. A subwoofer of (let's say) 500w rms could get damaged with 500watts rms of fully clipped and can handle without any problem 1500watts rms of a clean signal. So my problem in this would be how clean (without distortion) my signal is.

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

i know where fink is coming from. if you know you can do it, and do it safely then you'll do it, no problems. if you're one of those people like 'hmmm...i have a 2000 watt amp so i'm gonna buy a 500 watt sub and put 2k to it'. no. buy a sub that can safely handle it. just becase one other person does it doesn't mean it's perfectly fine to do it.

and lol at companies 'under rating things so idiots won't blow them'. i always thought they rated them at thermal and mechanical capabilities, among other things. now i know :pardon:

That is pretty much exactly what I think when buying burp gear, only with bigger numbers, lol

I'm gonna hate

I would worry more for a clipped signal than overpowering with clean. A subwoofer of (let's say) 500w rms could get damaged with 500watts rms of fully clipped and can handle without any problem 1500watts rms of a clean signal. So my problem in this would be how clean (without distortion) my signal is.

Of course the clipped signal at the same voltage would kill the speaker first. More heat has seen the coil in the same time period.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

That is pretty much exactly what I think when buying burp gear, only with bigger numbers, lol

that's a whole 'nother ballgame lol

Not sure who said it, but I agree with them that it's mainly for those who don't know what they're doing and try to blame the brand or whatever for a crap sub when it blows. I know my RF's can handle way more power than they're getting. Do I ever intend on it? No, just simply because I'm... well, in the short way of saying it, not you guys on here. Don't know all that much. I know my subs are rated 600 rms. Sure they can do more, but with me as owner, they never will. Paid a pretty penny for em, don't wanna pay 2 pretty pennies because I was a 'tard and screwed them up.

But by far, the best post in this thread is N8's.

its going to be full of vacations if the attitudes dont end.

I almost pissed myself laughing on that one.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived