How much power can these subs take?

God damn, if there's ever a post that frustrated me to hell. This is not directed towards those who compete...or blow shit for fun...kudos to you all...

Half of this forum (myself included) does not compete. That said, why would you want to want to jeopardize your equipment that you payed good money for.....for a couple hundred more watts, and barely audible difference?

It seems to be cool now to run equipment to its extreme, recording tore up surround and posting it on youtube for us to see how badass you and your unfortunate equipment are for doing something stupid (no Thors hate).

I understand that some are trying to get the absolute most for the money, however overpowering your subs isn't a very smart move, especially if you just want some daily bump.

There is a RMS rating for a reason! Use it! Your subs and pockets will thank you later!

/rant

PS, I dont give a shit about your valiant feat of running twice the power to your subs without blowing them. I'm just reminding some that doing things the recommended and safe way tends to have a correlation to equipment lasting a longer time. Who would have thought?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

God damn, if there's ever a post that frustrated me to hell. This is not directed towards those who compete...or blow shit for fun...kudos to you all...

Half of this forum (myself included) does not compete. That said, why would you want to want to jeopardize your equipment that you payed good money for.....for a couple hundred more watts, and barely audible difference?

It seems to be cool now to run equipment to its extreme, recording tore up surround and posting it on youtube for us to see how badass you and your unfortunate equipment are for doing something stupid (no Thors hate).

I understand that some are trying to get the absolute most for the money, however overpowering your subs isn't a very smart move, especially if you just want some daily bump.

There is a RMS rating for a reason! Use it! Your subs and pockets will thank you later!

/rant

PS, I dont give a shit about your valiant feat of running twice the power to your subs without blowing them. I'm just reminding some that doing things the recommended and safe way tends to have a correlation to equipment lasting a longer time. Who would have thought?

tl'dr. Not a single fuck given. I overpower my sub and know I could damage it and I would take full responsibility for if it ever blew, that's a risk some are willing to take. Fortunately, my sub is fine and can handle the overpowering.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

tl'dr. Not a single fuck given. I overpower my sub and know I could damage it and I would take full responsibility for if it ever blew, that's a risk some are willing to take. Fortunately, my sub is fine and can handle the overpowering.

tldr my ass. you read it.

anyhow you arent who I had in mind when making this post.

:drinks:

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Finkster-Conscience2010.jpg21436967.jpg

overpowering the subs from day 1....

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

tldr my ass. you read it.

anyhow you arent who I had in mind when making this post.

:drinks:

"There is a RMS rating for a reason! Use it! Your subs and pockets will thank you later!"

That's all i saw, and all i needed to see to know this thread was gonna be full of.....not full of fucks given.

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

its going to be full of vacations if the attitudes dont end.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The posts in general are just frustrating cause it happens all too often.

Can i run these subs with double or triple the power they are rated for.

These are the same people asking if the amp they just spent good money on is capable of playing @.5 ohm daily and expecting it to never fail from stressing it over and over.

They'll make a post in X month about everything they just got and a few months later they make a post asking why the amp or sub blew and can't figure out why it is going into protection.

The biggest problem today is people jump into this hobby and wan't an instant groundpounder without ever having anything small to learn the basics with.

That is just my take on it and whether you agree with it or not is fine.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The posts in general are just frustrating cause it happens all too often.

Can i run these subs with double or triple the power they are rated for.

These are the same people asking if the amp they just spent good money on is capable of playing @.5 ohm daily and expecting it to never fail from stressing it over and over.

They'll make a post in X month about everything they just got and a few months later they make a post asking why the amp or sub blew and can't figure out why it is going into protection.

The biggest problem today is people jump into this hobby and wan't an instant groundpounder without ever having anything small to learn the basics with.

That is just my take on it and whether you agree with it or not is fine.

This I can agree with, maybe some people should just start off with a small system to get to know the basics and work their way up...then again, some people just plain shouldn't overpower their subs. I just know that if you do, like some people on here, you should be able to take responsibility for it and not blame it on a shitty product or a bad install if you knew what the consequences of the actions could be.

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

Sundown rates their subs waaay below what they can take because that's the RMS they can take while on a shit-ton of clipped signal, because they don't want to take shit from people saying their stuff is overrated when they didn't know how to tune their stuff in the first place. SA series can easily take 2-3x it's RMS rating daily with no sweat.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived