Second Skin Audio

is this good for 2 obsidian 12's (yes it is)

audiolamb6

As far as your sub goes: NO BUENO! It needs to be sent back and obsidian is gonna have to file the damage claim with FedEx. Sorry to see that and hear about it man, I know you were excited.

In regards to the box, your numbers looked good to me. John had suggested you tune higher, but I think if you shoot for a mid 30s tune, you'd be fine. Where are your doubts because you keep wanting feedback on your box. I can't see anything wrong with the numbers you posted, all criteria was satisfied in Torres. I'd feel comfortable building that box. If you're curious about a cut sheet, go to the RE audio site and plug your dimensions in. Don't pay attention to what it tells you that you're tuned at, you've already got the accurate number from Torres. You'll have to manually play around with TOTAL PORT LENGTH to get it to match yours from Torres. Once you have got it right though, it'll give you dimensions on EVERY cut and piece of wood you'll need.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

As far as your sub goes: NO BUENO! It needs to be sent back and obsidian is gonna have to file the damage claim with FedEx. Sorry to see that and hear about it man, I know you were excited.

In regards to the box, your numbers looked good to me. John had suggested you tune higher, but I think if you shoot for a mid 30s tune, you'd be fine. Where are your doubts because you keep wanting feedback on your box. I can't see anything wrong with the numbers you posted, all criteria was satisfied in Torres. I'd feel comfortable building that box. If you're curious about a cut sheet, go to the RE audio site and plug your dimensions in. Don't pay attention to what it tells you that you're tuned at, you've already got the accurate number from Torres. You'll have to manually play around with TOTAL PORT LENGTH to get it to match yours from Torres. Once you have got it right though, it'll give you dimensions on EVERY cut and piece of wood you'll need.

the 42hz i said was for option audio, and not obsidian

i can't see the torres page so i cant comment on it,

also how much power?

the 42hz i said was for option audio, and not obsidian

i can't see the torres page so i cant comment on it,

also how much power?

He's tuned to 34 basically, with 3.75 cubic feet. He has basically 51 inches of port and a port area per foot of almost 14 square inches. It looks like a solid design I'd say.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Assuming you are giving them around rated power and on your dims:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz

Vb = 3.66 ft^3

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 38 in

External Depth = 18 in

Port Width = 3 5/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Top & Bottom = 38 x 18

Left & Right Sides = 16 1/2 x 14 1/2

2x Front = 17 3/16 x 14 1/2

Back = 38 x 14 1/2

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 14 11/16 x 14 1/2

2 x Extension = 6 5/8 x 14 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

TPort1.jpg

On your Torres you need to set the displacement for both subs and a number of common port walls.

Archived