Tool Tips

C.Sanchez.A

I'm going to school to become a mechanic and am going to need to buy some tools. Any recommendations in terms of brand and such, I already have a tool list from the school.

One more thing, where are good places to buy from?

Edit: by recommendations I meant brands, I am not familiar with all of them.

Any power tools I say get something thats comfortable in your hands and has good reviews.

As far as wrenches sockets etc. I buy craftsman stuff because of their warranty. They have taken stuff back that has clearly been misused and no questions asked.

Neighbor had a wrench on something..can't remember what...but he was hitting it with a hammer and eventually broke the head on it. Took the mangled tool back in they gave him a new one and he was back doing the same thing that day. Kinda wonder how they stay in business.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Another idea. I got alot of my tools from Yard sales. Go to yardsales try to pick up on good deals on stuff. I got a mechanics craftsman set for 45$ 2xx pieces and was missing a 10mm and 12mm thats it. Couple bucks later I hve a full set.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I buy Craftsman just because of the convenience of going across the street to Sears and getting what I need or a replacement. But if I had the money, I'd go with Snap-On. Snap-On, Matco, Mac, all great companies with quality products. I recommend that if you do go with one of those 3 companies, talk to one of the dealers or representatives and they should be able to get you a "student discount" and knock off a shit ton on the price and possibly open a line of credit with you for tools. The Snap-On rep at my school always brings in a decent display of tools every Tuesday with pricetags on them, and lets them go for half off. Student pricing FTW.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Im a diesel mechanic apprentice... Ive got a gook couple Gs into tools already and i still need alottt more Just when i think i have what i need... Theres more.

As far as tool boxes go, thats one thing not to cheap out on.. I know i dont want a heavy drawr falling on me feet/legs..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

They've lowered the interest rates I believe, at least down here anyway.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I had some Snap-on stuff. Your biggest issue you will have is getting something warrantied out. If you don't take it back to the same salesman you bought it from, it becomes a hassle, and you will get the runaround. I ended up selling off most of mine, and got Craftsman. Now if something breaks, (which has been VERY rare) I can hit up the store and have new tool in hand right then. The craftsman boxes are ok to start out, and the ball bearing ones are leaps ahead of what the older ones were. I have a smaller Craftsman stack which is fine in the garage, but I would want something a little more durable if I was rolling it around the shop everyday.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

you went all ghetto and got the one with the radio in it didn't you?

6936945603911xl.jpg

lol

That be the one!

Surprising part is my fiancee was the one who made me get that one. I was going to get the slightly smaller one (that didn't have the radio) and was $500 cheaper. But, now that I have it I like it.

I think I will be getting Craftsman. After buying the tool chest, I don't have much $$ left.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Archived