technicolor tg582n is what im currently using

but i have a netgear WGR614 v9 aswel but that thing dropped the signal SO OFTEN it was crazy so i swapped it out for the tg582n

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Ditch the card your using. its problematic. haha

Cons: Works well had it for about 6 months with my build. One down fall, one room away from my router if the computer is within 5 inches of my wall it will connect but will not get internet. Move it 1 more inch from wall and it works fine.

Cons: Sometimes it doesn't automatically connect to my router. I've tried looking this up and finding out the problem to no avail. Note: I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Cons: worked for 8 months with no problems,now when playing bf3 plays for about 10 min then get static feedback through my speakers and ping go from 68-72 too over 4k.

Cons: Limited connectivity, no internet.

Cons: Does not sit well in the PCIE socket (Had to bend the bracket to keep the card from popping out randomly)

Speeds are sub par even on a 4-5 bar connection. Looking at it now i'm fluctuating between 7.7mbps and 200kpbs (you mileage may vary.).

Randomly drops connection

Cons: Was slow at all times

Eventually began to disconnect me occasionally

Has now given up completely

Cons: - Extremely low connection speeds (~0.05 Mbps down)

This one makes a lot of sense due to its lack of components on it compared to many other wireless cards.

Cons: * Expensive for what you get

* Leeches off your CPU rather than use its own hardware

* Included utility feels clumsy and poorly translated

* Wireless speed is never constant, I'm streaming HD video one day then struggling to download a Flash Player update the next

*Extremely unreliable, will disconnect will no prior warning for days at a time, or "lose internet access" while connected to a network, all while my phone and laptop are fine.

Theres so many more, but just to give you an idea that its probably your card. lol

The google chrome loading was something I was going to ask on a separate post. But you don't mind on the tabs the circle that shows its thinking or whatever it's allied will run backwards for .5-3 sec then goes the other way loads done. That just started and haven't been able to figure it out. Don't laugh to hard at me but how or why is his bandwidth limited? It's the net and his website why would he actually run out space I honestly thought it was so big that space was unlimited? Like I said I don't know this area and very curious. With that said I Personaly appreciate all the work Steve and all you mods do on this site cause I may not understand how or why it works. I know y'all put allot of work into it.

they sound pretty much excatly the same as whats happened to me,

http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=NETTPL4800&name=TP-LINK-TL-WDN4800-450Mbps-Wireless-N-Dual-Band-PC

thoughs on that?

that is basicly the only place to get parts down here except for going to companys that charge a shit load ontop of the actual price. PBtech are the cheapest by far and have the biggest range which is kinda sad! hah

have a look and recommend something... it is my birthday in 9 days :)

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

The google chrome loading was something I was going to ask on a separate post. But you don't mind on the tabs the circle that shows its thinking or whatever it's allied will run backwards for .5-3 sec then goes the other way loads done. That just started and haven't been able to figure it out. Don't laugh to hard at me but how or why is his bandwidth limited? It's the net and his website why would he actually run out space I honestly thought it was so big that space was unlimited? Like I said I don't know this area and very curious. With that said I Personaly appreciate all the work Steve and all you mods do on this site cause I may not understand how or why it works. I know y'all put allot of work into it.

I have a general idea, but ill leave audiofanaticz to answer i think. With my chrome it seems to me that when the circle is going backwards it gathering data/the page then when its going forwards its actually loading onto your screen. It could relate the the packets that audio was talking about earlier with it sending and receiving.

bandwidth is owned by companies. so steve will be paying a company for bandwith and probs the url address aswel. say he pays 100 a month to this company he will get 100 blocks of internet for the site. So when the site has a ton of people on/the more pictures/threads that get opened uses more and more of the blocks he has avaliable.

so the bigger the site gets the more he has to pay to the guy above him so that the site can keep expanding and not hit a limit and slow down like crazy and you loose the oportunity to use it effectively

That is just how i see it. I know a little about pc components etc but the technical shit is all new to me aswel so correct me audio if im wrong

Don't laugh to hard at me but how or why is his bandwidth limited? It's the net and his website why would he actually run out space I honestly thought it was so big that space was unlimited?

Data bandwidth is not free, Just like you pay $30-50 per month for your data package on your smartphones (iphone, androids, blackberrys) and if you go over your 5gb limit or whatever it is, your cell company charges you highway robbery for every MB of data over usually.

Typically for a website, your rent a server from a hosting company, this is where your site is hosted at (often times many other sites run off the same physical box as your website).

Im pretty sure Steve has his own server now that is dedicated just to his site, and no other sites are ran from it. I know he posted previously from just geting his own dedicated server and going from 4gigs of ram to 8gigs of ram it costed an additional $75 per month on top of what he is already paying. This site is a easy 300-400 bucks if not more to run each month. and the data being sent to and from is over 500gigs a month which is fairly a lot considering this site is not dealing with no downloading of music, videos, movies etc.

Your only allowed so much space monthly of data being sent to your server, and returned from your server (usually once your close to meeting or exceed that cap they send you an alert and could turn your server off).

Not to mention thats not including the actual cost of the domain name you buy, the web design work that Kyle does which is countless hours and hours. a lot of costs that add up fast.

Us mods dont get paid for being here, take that back we do, we get the power of the ban hammer :D But really we are just here to help out others, and make sure things are going smooth, and fix some problems that occur.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/113714-server-upgrade-last-night-8-gigs/page__hl__%20server%20%20upgrade theres countless other threads about upgrades and such too.

they sound pretty much excatly the same as whats happened to me,

http://pbtech.co.nz/...-N-Dual-Band-PC

thoughs on that?

that is basicly the only place to get parts down here except for going to companys that charge a shit load ontop of the actual price. PBtech are the cheapest by far and have the biggest range which is kinda sad! hah

have a look and recommend something... it is my birthday in 9 days :)

Just noticed your in New Zealand, so generally your going to have a slighter slower latency connecting to a usa server :(

That card looks a bit nicer, little more expensive, but it is a faster card than your current card. Id deffently check out reviews on it and such on various sites before you buy.

Also the technicolor tg582n router your using is a wireless N, where as the netgear you have is a wireless g, so overall the technicolor is going to be faster.

Another thing you can try is if all computers on your wireless network are using wireless N cards, or if yours is the only computer on the wireless network you can go into your routers admin panel, and usually there is a setting to disable the broadcasting of 802.11b and 802.11g, so your router only broadcasts the 802.11n signal, which often times increases speeds and sometimes range due to it focusing on just the 1 type of wireless instead of all 3 ;)

Sweet, ill look into those settings tomorrow. would i get faster speeds if i kicked the laptops off the technicolor router and put them onto the netgear then changed the color to do 802.11n and the laptops are on the netgear? or will that just cluster fuck it and wont be worth it

snapback.pngdog24fret, on 19 September 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Don't laugh to hard at me but how or why is his bandwidth limited? It's the net and his website why would he actually run out space I honestly thought it was so big that space was unlimited?

Data bandwidth is not free, Just like you pay $30-50 per month for your data package on your smartphones (iphone, androids, blackberrys) and if you go over your 5gb limit or whatever it is, your cell company charges you highway robbery for every MB of data over usually.

Typically for a website, your rent a server from a hosting company, this is where your site is hosted at (often times many other sites run off the same physical box as your website).

Im pretty sure Steve has his own server now that is dedicated just to his site, and no other sites are ran from it. I know he posted previously from just geting his own dedicated server and going from 4gigs of ram to 8gigs of ram it costed an additional $75 per month on top of what he is already paying. This site is a easy 300-400 bucks if not more to run each month. and the data being sent to and from is over 500gigs a month which is fairly a lot considering this site is not dealing with no downloading of music, videos, movies etc.

Your only allowed so much space monthly of data being sent to your server, and returned from your server (usually once your close to meeting or exceed that cap they send you an alert and could turn your server off).

Not to mention thats not including the actual cost of the domain name you buy, the web design work that Kyle does which is countless hours and hours. a lot of costs that add up fast.

Us mods dont get paid for being here, take that back we do, we get the power of the ban hammer :D But really we are just here to help out others, and make sure things are going smooth, and fix some problems that occur.

http://www.stevemead...server upgrade theres countless other threads about upgrades and such too.

Yes sir the part of not free I actually knew about and learned what happens when I go past my data plan,not pretty lol. I just figured it was different for companies and such. I knew it cost allot but not that much crap and he does this out of his pocket never mind none of my business :) . I really didn't think there was that much work involved in keeping a site up props to all. The ban hammer must be a enjoyable benefit lol. Thank you for the time and the time to explain this in dummy terms I'll understand. Props to you mods and Steve for keeping up with all this for me(everyone) to enjoy the site. No nut hugging just giving credit where credit is do and the fact I'm happy it isn't me having to deal with the headache of keeping it running bug free :) no offence.

Edited by dog24fret