TIRED of seeing the stance of my car with my wheels help me please

So I've had these wheels on for a while now (velocity vw910b with 245/30/22 tires) and I'm tired of the setup already for two reasons, the first one being the biggest reason. First of all I hate how it looks from any other angle than the side because the wheels (especially the rear ones) don't stick out at all, from behind you can't even tell theres rims on the car lol... I guess I just don't get it because the wheels are 22 X 9.5 I don't know the offset how do I figure that out? But the dude at discount tire originally put 265's on and the front he said they rubbed on the control arm bad. Now not only did I not want 245's but I wanted 35 series which also apparently didn't fit..I've seen plenty of guys with chargers on the internet and there stance looks great and they have 265/35's.. this is how I'd like my stance to look or close to it at least.And I don't really like the idea about using spacer

Better yet heres a thread with the exact rims I have on the exact model car I have and look how his car looks.

Heres some pics

3D45D5E8-EE9B-4EA4-914D-8278825CFE46-17151-000008D274802925.jpg

DBAB1462-2631-4E90-8761-8F133948095A-11904-000005861EBE0ED7.jpg

you have the wrong offset wheel.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I agree with n8...

either you get wheels with the right offset or spacers.

I used spacers for a while in a truck and they weren't bad at all, but a lot of people seem not to like them.

smdban.jpg

audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)

hmm so what would you suggest?

Yes. You need a LOWER offset. or you add spacers to adjust the wheels you have now.

I'm leary of spacers because I've heard they can cause stress and possibly break wheel studs, but I have been tempted

I agree with n8...

either you get wheels with the right offset or spacers.

I used spacers for a while in a truck and they weren't bad at all, but a lot of people seem not to like them.

yea I'm thinking I might try spacers for a while possibly, and what size spacers would you guys suggest? Also would I be able to run wider and taller tires with spacers?

do some research on charger forums to find out what offset you need. You can counteract the spacers by seeing if you can fit a longer studd.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't see the problem with using spacers on a daily driven car as long as the studs are long enough, i'd rather pay 40 dollars for a set of spacers than have to buy a whole new set of rims.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

do some research on charger forums to find out what offset you need. You can counteract the spacers by seeing if you can fit a longer studd.

I don't see the problem with using spacers on a daily driven car as long as the studs are long enough, i'd rather pay 40 dollars for a set of spacers than have to buy a whole new set of rims.

I used spacers/ wheel adapters before and never had an issue, had chevy tru spokes on a honda in like 89. The one i used bolted onto the existing wheels studs, then had new studs mounted in the wheel adapter so they were strong.

Are longer studs something that I can install myself?

Archived