Second Skin Audio

Elemental Designs.......please read

Eddie Long

Contact was made today with an investigator from the Iowa Attorney General's office who handles consumer complaints.

If you have a legitimate issue with ED such as....

• long time unfulfilled warranty issues
  • orders that you've paid for but not received in a timely fashion
  • orders that you've paid for but only received a partial shipment and you've been waiting and waiting
  • refunds that you still have not received
  • other reasonable matters, etc.

Please send an email to [email protected] and let him know the particulars. That means stuff like what and when you ordered, how much, what you've been told, etc. Keep it factual and leave the emotions out of it.

As it stands right now, ED is a blip on the radar. If only one person complains the usual procedure is for the government to contact ED and ask for a response. This can take time. However, if everyone that is legitimately affected emails him, then quicker and more forceful measures can be undertaken. He (Steve Switzer) has been made aware that ED is delinquent in their business filings with the Iowa Secretary of State. How this impacts matters remains to be seen.

If you also want to summarize your complaint in this thread, while it may be somewhat redundant, it does provide a convenient place. I only ask that just complaints be listed and only once. This will keep it tidy and easy to navigate. If your situation needs to be updated, well that's another story.

Should anyone know other websites where ED has a presence (I doubt they'd let you post this at theirs!), please copy the particulars and make a post there.

Thanks!

I didnt eve know ED was still in business. hopefully they get whats coming to them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I didnt eve know ED was still in business. hopefully they get whats coming to them.

They actually went out of the car audio business not too long ago. But I believe they're still doing other stuff.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

They actually went out of the car audio business not too long ago. But I believe they're still doing other stuff.

Nope..... the company has closed its doors. no ebay store, no website, and no email or phone #'s either.....they still have alot of amps and subs that people had sent for warranty work. And they still have alot of money that people sent to buy items from them that they did not send out and have not given any refunds either. I am one of those also :(

so I posted this same topic on CACO earlier. had a couple of replies within just a couple minutes. Then the moderator named IAMSONIC stopped the thread and said that threads like that are (quote) worthless !!

REALLY ????......WTF ???.....so I went through and found some truely wothless threads.........then I sent him a message saying maybe he should stop those threads also and asked why he thought that a thread explaining some of the options you can take to see if anything can be done about getting your item back that you sent for a warranty...... or try to get your money back for items that you never recieved ......Why is a thread like this "worthless" ?

then he deleted the thread all together ????

so then I sent him another message telling him that I hope the company he works for is doing the same thing that ED did. And, because they are screwing people then they close the doors and he loses his job and money. Maybe then he wouldn't think that a thread like this is "worthless" !!!

So, a few minutes later, I was banned from CACO until the 25th. The reason it stated for my ban was...... "thats rude"........ ??????????????

well, this might be more rude...... I will not go back on CACO unless I feel like cussing out moderators.......and by the way......to all of the CACO moderators...... GO FUCK YOURSELF !!!

easy guy. no cross forum drama.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well, I just received a letter from the Iowa Attorney Generals Office.

To sum up the letter.....

My complaint has been filed with the Consumer Protection Division. They will be contacting ED and asking them for a written response to my complaint and including an explanation of what actions they propose to take.

So, I guess I am playing the waiting game now as the letter read that it could take 4 to 6 weeks to get a response.

This is all I have to update for now.

just texted my cousin who ordered a shit ton quite a few months back

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived