Second Skin Audio

speaker cancellation/cuts in and out near high volume

NZBasshead

ive got 2 subs running in a ported box and 1 of the subs cuts in or out for a few milliseconds when its near it highest volume and at a certain freq near and around 45-55 any ideas why? there in phase correctly and connected right there not in separate chambers also at times it does look like there out of phase when one moves up the other looks like its moving it but it only happens as i said around 45-55hz in songs any ideas?

Power? Are they gettin the right power? I had that problem before with my tweets and turned out a bad amp or whatnot. Fixed that problem and it all started workin fine. And only did it on high volume.

i just went through the net and i think one of them is receiving to much power i think it may be bottoming out im not to sure an opinions? there running on of 4 amps all the same bridged at 1 ohm i might turn the gain down on the one that seems to be cutting out or swap the sub out with my spare

Power? Are they gettin the right power? I had that problem before with my tweets and turned out a bad amp or whatnot. Fixed that problem and it all started workin fine. And only did it on high volume.

i just went through the net and i think one of them is receiving to much power i think it may be bottoming out im not to sure an opinions? there running on of 4 amps all the same bridged at 1 ohm i might turn the gain down on the one that seems to be cutting out or swap the sub out with my spare

Are all 4 amps for your bass? If they are, how did you set your gains? Did you gain match? Just cause their at the same direction doesnt mean their putting out the same output

you have 4 amps linked together (2 amps on one sub) or one amp per voice coil ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

the ports in the middle of the box and i didnt match the gains :/ i just set m up with the dd-1 at -5 db i just turned both gains down for now so 1 doesnt cut in and out each sub is running of 2 amps linked the subs rated at 1800rms (5400max) each and here i m pushing 7000rms into each of them so i think the other 1 might just be bottoming out

Just gain match using a DMM. Set you gains first with your dd-1 like you did, then find the amp that is putting out the least voltage and match the others to it.

Archived