Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so like the title says what tablet should i get? So i sure all you audio gurus and probly tech savy people in here will have some good insight on what type of tablet i should get. i dont have any preferances as far as apple or andoid goes. what i want it for is to mold it into the dash of my 04 dodge ram. so i want to be able to use this as a headunit if possible and would also like to agian if possible figure out some way to control the ac/heat with it as well.

Posted

i have seen people use nooks an ipads. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-Nexus-7-ASUS-1B16-with-WiFi-7-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Android-4.1-Jelly-Bean-Operating-System/21150249 that might work. not completely sure. but if it does it is pretty good for the price

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Posted

nexus 7..

For a value-tab, I guess. The iPad is king as far as fit and finish is concerned. If you want the best user experience and customer service, go with Apple.

I'm gonna hate

Posted

i hear you... and aftermarket support is there, and up your taint for sure........

just to mention there is more out there.. ya know?

OP- let us know what you roll with.. and check this thread out...(yes, i am a Ray nuthugger, and then some)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147695-google-nexus-7-in-my-ranger/

Posted

nexus 7..

For a value-tab, I guess. The iPad is king as far as fit and finish is concerned. If you want the best user experience and customer service, go with Apple.

not sure if joking???

i wont get into the apple vs android debate (same shit every year with minor hardware changes alone with a minor updated OS vs androids mule-platform user based devices with innovative NEW tech in every phone/device and a operating system that actually improves through the months/years?)

but look at getting a galaxy note 10.1 (coming soon)

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Posted

I am about 85% done molding my nexus 7 into my dash as we speak...I am very excited about it...my advise is to utilize your space... I had just enough room for a nexus 7...iPad would have been far too large for my use...also my nexus 7 is ridiculously fast! Love it...especially for 249.99 for a 16gb... with the total $35 I got in free spending money through promos I have bought a lot of apps and other goodies.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Posted

I am about 85% done molding my nexus 7 into my dash as we speak...I am very excited about it...my advise is to utilize your space... I had just enough room for a nexus 7...iPad would have been far too large for my use...also my nexus 7 is ridiculously fast! Love it...especially for 249.99 for a 16gb... with the total $35 I got in free spending money through promos I have bought a lot of apps and other goodies.

are you using it as your headunit?

Posted

Love my iPhone, support apple fully, however....for the customization options that come with android, i say go android, your much less limited on the things you can and can't do. That's comin from someone who hates androids and loves their idevice. I think android would better suit your purpose here. Hell, work with some software designers and you might could get a HVAC control app

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter

Posted

I own an iPhone 4, a GSIII, an iPad 3 and have used a 10.1... Droid doesn't compare, but I still like it. The techie in me likes it, but appeals to a different user base that I am not in and most droid users tend to think they are enlightened, which is annoying. Don't discount my opinion, I have experience with that which I speak of.

I'm gonna hate

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2252 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...