Second Skin Audio

Honda Accord second skin / more pictures pg 3 !

whats up guys ,

I dont know when I be able to work on it but just got 36.5sqft of Second skin and roller..

hopefully I should have time this weekend !!

photo14qf.jpg

photo24jb.jpg

photo34o.jpg

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up , so finally I had some free time and put some more Second skin .. I used almost everything (36.5sqft) in the bottom of the trunk (the hood and front door I did earlier)

56 sqft total I got 1.5 sheet left..

it looks like I will have to order some more for the back door and I might do the front part of the roof...

it took me over 5 hours to do it and than put all system together..

I used windex to clean the surface ( tough it be best since it has some alcohol in it.. )

It doesnt look as good as I wanted but still not bad - i think

Let me know what You think guys !

thanks !!!!!!!!

img0347mu.jpg

img0348ck.jpg

img0349rx.jpg

img0350yoc.jpg

img0351cam.jpg

img0352dd.jpg

img0353z.jpg

img0351cam.jpg

img0354kr.jpg

img0355ri.jpg

img0356scztr.jpg

img0357ad.jpg

img0358a.jpg

img0360o.jpg

img0359b.jpg

img0361tt.jpg

img0367om.jpg

img0362c.jpg

img0363jpm.jpg

img0364wo.jpg

img0366hn.jpg

img0367om.jpg

img0369yi.jpg

img0370uc.jpg

img0371ji.jpg

img0372mt.jpg

img0373du.jpg

img0374wm.jpg

img0375jj.jpg

img0376hg.jpg

img0377hp.jpg

img0378ke.jpg

img0379p.jpg

img0380ap.jpg

img0381mx.jpg

Thats my system for now .. Im workin part time and it gonna take me a while till I get whatever I want.. for now Im tryin to make what I have sounds better..

I decided to dont put the interior back.. I just put it to basement in case I sale the car one day..

Edited by OrzechNewJersey
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Second Skin FTW! Looks like you're getting some good coverage, how does it sound since you did it? I have around 120 sq ft of Damplifier Pro throughout my whole car and havent even done the doors yet

My 150+ Trunk Build Log

Current Setup
2 DC XL15's

Crossfire XS-8K

AudioControl Epic-150
Mechman 250 amp alt
XS D3100 under hood

2 XS D3100 in Trunk
SecondSkin Sound Deadening - 120+ sq ft Damplifier Pro

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts

2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts

2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest

2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6
My youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Team dbAddicts

Team DC Audio dcsoundlab.com

the biggest difference was after I did the hood of the trunk ..

its definitively more quiet in the car..

the bass seems lil better (less rattle)

im glad of spending every single dollar on this product !

• 4 months later...

looks good... you used ALOT of SS .... but I did the same with my CLD tiles... but it made a huge difference... I actually took my trunk lid off my car when I did expanding foam inside the hollowed areas.... laying it flat on the ground made it expand upwards out of the holes instead of pushing against the sheet metal..... has your system changed much since the last update????

I unfortunately sold my bc3500 cuz of bills... no job and suspension work needed on the car... sucks badly!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

thanks..

no I didnt change much.. except that I added another set of t2652s in the front door.. and I also took out the rear deck off cause it was making too much noise..

I got Crescendo tweeters and sp4 15" while ago and im waiting till the end of the semester that I have more time to work on it.. I still need more SS .. I wanna cover the trunk 100% redo

the front doors and if I have enough money cover the at least the front part of the roof and the floor... and Im thinking about a couple sheets of OverKill Pro foam ..

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, Clean job on your deadening and is there such a thing as overkill! LOL Coverage is the key and i too only want to do things once if possible so OCD is ok with me. I have two set of T265 in my 03 Lancer, font & rear doors active off a DEH80-PRS and they rock. I spent about 60+ hrs sealing my doors to about 98% and deadening w/ Coolmat and Dynomat acoustic foam to about 85% coverage. The doors are solid as hell which make those T2 scream with clearity being pushed by 2 RF T400-4s. The whole system is tuned w/ my DD-1 even though i still have some sytem tweeking to do it sounds good and made a distance sound test vid that show the car and what sound deadening and RF power products can do. But as always theres still more to do, I just got my sound deadener for my trunk, I ended up going w/ Road kill extreme and 1/2" dynomat acoustic foam, plus want to use expanding foam in cross members to strengthen the trunk lid. This was a great thread with lots of good pics and ideas for sound deadening. Thanks guys and anyone wondering how the T2s sound check out my vid for Youtube!