Second Skin Audio

Getting the most out of my T1 12's

Hondabiker95

Cool... Thanks to all... Thanks all of you.. X

I just ment I was NOT trying to come off as a dink...

With that... Manufacturing specs have 2 different types of enclosures.. Atleast there were 2 in my manual.... One is/was called (I believe) the "power" enclosure, and I think is a better tuned (than the other 38hz tuned basic port) slot port. With that, I would still ask a or look for a enclosure designer here on site to help or atleast give ya a direction. Or get building, and testing, and switching and testing, & building., on & on...& I'm sorry, did you say what car?

I do commend you giving it hell.. Wish you the best, but, it'll be an up hill fight.

Cool... Thanks to all... Thanks all of you.. X

I just ment I was NOT trying to come off as a dink...

With that... Manufacturing specs have 2 different types of enclosures.. Atleast there were 2 in my manual.... One is/was called (I believe) the "power" enclosure, and I think is a better tuned (than the other 38hz tuned basic port) slot port. With that, I would still ask a or look for a enclosure designer here on site to help or atleast give ya a direction. Or get building, and testing, and switching and testing, & building., on & on...& I'm sorry, did you say what car?

I do commend you giving it hell.. Wish you the best, but, it'll be an up hill fight.

It's a 1997 Expedition :)

150db on music with 1500w and 2 12's? in your dreams mate

someone hit a 150 with 600rms. just saying.

forget the set up but it was sent out on a newsletter from another forum

It's all about box which is why I need some help designing a good enclosure :P

It's all about box which is why I need some help designing a good enclosure :P

And someone pulled off a 150.7 on 2 12" kicker comps clamped at 322Watts!!!

most of the people doing that arent average joes, so your post was completely irrelevant.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

right right... but, like i mentioned,..

A- do you know "Who the SOMEONE" was that tossed a 50 on the 2 kicks?.. lol.. legend.....

B- most of those were a tone, or burp box only.... hence,,.. i thought you said musical.....

remember,... the difference is big...

but,... dude,.. start with getting up a box builders butthole... and well, let er rip... and good luck...

edit- im to slow...

And someone pulled off a 150.7 on 2 12" kicker comps clamped at 322Watts!!!

your point? the box was tuned to like 55hz and everything meticulously changed over and over and over again to achieve that score. plus it was a burp.

i dont fucking understand why people say "X subs did 160db on 3 watts". so what? that means absolutely NOTHING in a daily system situation when it was a burp with a box that has had over 50 design changes to make it as efficient as possible.

if you want a 150 on music in a trunk car, in a box that is not tuned to +40hz, etc, its likely that you'd need over 3000 watts.

right right... but, like i mentioned,..

A- do you know "Who the SOMEONE" was that tossed a 50 on the 2 kicks?.. lol.. legend.....

B- most of those were a tone, or burp box only.... hence,,.. i thought you said musical.....

remember,... the difference is big...

but,... dude,.. start with getting up a box builders butthole... and well, let er rip... and good luck...

edit- im to slow...

I know that he was a USACI champion or something and I know those aren't normal circumstances. The box was tuned to 70hz or something. I'm just saying that if he managed to get a 150 with 2 kicker comps on 322W then I think 2 T1 12's in the right box on 1500Watts should get pretty damn close

EDIT: Either way. I'm thinking of 2 15's to start with then on the 1500, then when I get the money, an adittional set of 15's and another 1500. That will do a 150 for sure!

Archived