Alt Amp should i get?

So in amonth or so im gonna order a H/O alt. My stock alt on my 99 jeep grand cherokee is 136 amps. I am planning on running a BC5500 or alike at 1 or .5 ohm. Any reccomendations on alt amps? would a 250a work well? Will have 1 D6500 under the hood. and 2 D3100s in the rear. Futurely. like way future i wanna run 2 5500s. in which case would a 250 be ok with like alot of batterys? Kinda want suggestions for both scenaries as idk how much more ill be able to afford after a 5500 lol

word,... what you rollin in that jeep ???.. the 4.0 ?

edit- or the 5.3 ,.. whatever it is?

The 4.0 strait 6.....

the biggest alt you can fit.

shoulda saw that comming lol. but basically what would it take so i never drp below 14v? is there any way to calculate that in a sense?

Generally in a 12v system, when the demand of your electrical system exceeds the output of the alternator you get drop. Your draw can be guesstimated, calculated or whatever but to be accurate you ned to know what all electrical components of your vehicle need, not just your amps

One of our 320 amp 6 phase units would be good on 5500wrms, but it will likely not be above 14 volts for very long at full tilt. They aren't too expensive either, only $499.

Generally speaking, a 12 volt system will be in the 13 volt range when at full tilt, and there's not really anything wrong with that.

If you absolutely want to be above 14 volts at full tilt, I would recommend switching to 14 volt batteries, and running 16.8 charging voltage. That would for sure keep you in the 14 volt range at full tilt. We offer D1400 14 volt batteries for $259 shipped.

Archived