Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

Eh. It comes down to preference like others have said.

If someone is getting 150db with 4 of them, doesn't that count for something?

I wish there was a way to measure the output but I don't have $500 or whatever to drop on term lab.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

goto a stereo shop will cost you like 25 bucks if they have one

in preference you dont buy a good amp like a SA 1500 and put some cheap ass sub to it and you need to watch out some subs like to fuck your amp up like them old school jensens they would eat an amp alive if it wasnt theres just built like shit

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

goto a stereo shop will cost you like 25 bucks if they have one

in preference you dont buy a good amp like a SA 1500 and put some cheap ass sub to it and you need to watch out some subs like to fuck your amp up like them old school jensens they would eat an amp alive if it wasnt theres just built like shit

well I planned to get something decent. I was looking at a 18" DD. Still am. But thought about the space it would need and it's that way with anything decent.

I really don't want to get a second alt or second battery and kill my gas mileage. that's my basic rule I guess. trying to find stuff that will do well on stock electrical.

how could a sub fuck an amp up? would it have to be damaged or something? never heard of that before :\

Also, I've heard numerous times that another sub/double the power will only increase DB's by 3? So what is the point? I don't plan to compete (feel free to makes jokes, lol I don't mind)

Then you gotta factor in cops and all that. If someone steals $120 worth of subs, who cares? LOL....

Is there some list of subs that compares the decibels they put out on rated power and in the recommended box or something? so I could compare this sub if/when I get it TL'd?

I don't want to seem like these are some magical ground shakers or something they are not. but, I believe the 700w rms rating is legitimate, and I personally don't notice a big difference from my 12w3, other than the low end, but I have pretty much figured out that it's due to the box being a little too small (after trying it in the 1.0 the low end was even worse, so clearly it needs a bigger than 1.75 which is what is recommended, if I recall correctly)

I am not heavily into bass like most people here, but I know there are others like me who want the best bang for the buck (see threads like that all the time, and not just here)

I honestly think that a big part of it if that they are "from ebay" and not a name brand anyone knows. I mean even kicker and such get a bad rep (which I agree on). I have never personally ran DD or DC or whatever but I know they are built to last. You don't need to own one to realize that.

Mine has been holding up nicely and I've been abusing it a decent amount, and the spider isn't even loose yet. so who knows how it will be after that happens.

I feel like I keep repeating myself in that these are probably not suited for discussion on this forum in the first place, lol......

I mean for me it's like "awesome, I found some in-expensive subs that slam pretty good" and everyone else is like "cheap ebay crap"....

I feel like I've said all there is to say and others have too.

But I would still like more discussion and testing on these subs for the benefit of the community.

I plan on building a box for 1 that is about 2.5 f^3, 28hz and see how it does in that. If anyone has some design suggestions, I would love to hear them (nothing that is trial and error please)

If anyone owns a shop (and perhaps knows how to re-cone or change the dust-cap) I would love to see what 1 or 2 of these would sell for in a blind test.

I bet if the dust cap was removed and another dust cap from a better brand was slapped on there, nobody would be dissing them for being ebay subs ;)

also, they have sold 35 units at $59.59 so far ($2,085)...

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Here may be some useful info for some, got bored

They are made by a company called merlon audio

TS Parameters

*RD-12

*Resonance Frequency /Fs:40 Hz

*DC Resistance /Re:8 ohms

*Mechanical Q Factor /Qms: 2.31

*Electrical Q Factor /Qes:0.52

*Total Q Factor /Qts:0.42

*BL Factor /BL: 25.71 TM

*/Effective Moving Mass Mms:147 gr

*Equivalent Cas Air Load /Vas: 73 liter

*Effettive Piston Area /Sd: 0.085 m2

*Half-Space Efficiency /Eff :1.60 %

*Airgap Height /Hag:8 mm

*Voice coil Height/ Hvc: 36.0 mm

*Voice coil Over-Hung /Xmax:14 mm

For any further questions,please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards.

Jeny Zhou

Visionari LLC

Customer Service Department

Tel: +1 877 365 8863

+1 213 908 1216(outside of America)

Tel_CN: +86 10 84827066

Email:[email protected]

Msn: [email protected]

people have been having quality control issues with these, they are made by a company called Merlon Audio, looks like they make 15"s also.

Quotes from some users: For anyone who cares I did a 140.8@52. onyx 1500.1d 2x12's 3.4cuft tuned to 33hz."

This guy added 100 grams of weight behind each cone to make the hit lower. he is getting some decent flex off of them.

This guy said it looked like they let the glue dry before the surround was put down

0831121500.jpg

Quotes from users:

"Both of mine had a 5" section that was not glued. I used super glue and it holds great."

Different person "Edit: My surround isn't glued all the way.

Any suggestions as to which glue I should use on it?"

XS-power1.jpg

I didn't spend a whole lot on the RF P2 10" subs i have, but i get rockfords reputation, reliability, quality and performance that has proven itself over the course of many years. When going with something that is no name with god knows who designed and engineered it, and with what kind of cheap ass parts used to make it, you take a chance on something that can go poof at any second with no warning and certainly no warranty that they'll stand behind. There is nothing wrong with using less expensive equipment to get the job done but when you place your money and trust in something that has no way to back you up in the event something does go wrong, and then you were already half way price wise to the better piece of gear to begin with.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

hahaha there even cheap with the glue lol

from the companies perspective, they are importing so many mass produced items from different build houses and putting different brand names on it, it just so happens this is they're bottom of the line thats dirt cheap, they probably bought 10,000 of them and are doubling to quadrupling they're money on each one sold. And the reason I beileve its very profitable for them is because people that live near this warehouse located in the US have been getting the VVME subs replaced frequently regardless of user error over powering/ abuse with no questions asked. Some one noted that they have to have them replaced all the time and they just keep accepting the blown ones and giving them new ones.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived