Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

There is nothing wrong with using less expensive equipment to get the job done but when you place your money and trust in something that has no way to back you up in the event something does go wrong, and then you were already half way price wise to the better piece of gear to begin with.

That actually makes a LOT of sense. I don't think I will be buying another one of these ;)

hahaha there even cheap with the glue lol

from the companies perspective, they are importing so many mass produced items from different build houses and putting different brand names on it, it just so happens this is they're bottom of the line thats dirt cheap, they probably bought 10,000 of them and are doubling to quadrupling they're money on each one sold. And the reason I beileve its very profitable for them is because people that live near this warehouse located in the US have been getting the VVME subs replaced frequently regardless of user error over powering/ abuse with no questions asked. Some one noted that they have to have them replaced all the time and they just keep accepting the blown ones and giving them new ones.

That's actually pretty funny, because that's what I was doing with this 10" clarion from best buy. Gave it rated power and it fried several times. they kept replacing it and I guess you get it replaced unlimited amount of times during the life of the warranty. I have to wonder if people are deliberately abusing them or genuinely just getting lemons.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Its the cheap subs that are the fuel for the fire, audio companies profit the most on they're entry level models, because thats where the volume sales are, also VVME is not advertising, so that expense is not being passed on to the costumer.

A backwords look at how the car audio industry works.

For fun, I was looking at a supplier who had a labeless subwoofer, that was an exact match of a very well known speaker, exact same specs and all.

The subwoofer with the brand name on it retailed for $129.99, an entry level sub, but I could order 500 of them for $15.00 each with no label on them.

factor in your shipping costs and importing fees, your may be in it for $18.00 bucks a sub, look into an advertising campaign for the speaker, take the total cost of that, it would take lets say $10,000 in advertising and paying popular youtube channels to create a big hype on our new brand, add that cost to the speaker, ($10,000/ 500 units, now your in it for about $38.00 per woofer, most wholesalers try to make a 35% margin ( remember margin not not markup), so now we are at a wholesale price for a retailer at $58, but we will round it up to $60, now your retailer wants to make a 50% margin (equal to 100% markup, or doubling your money), but needs room to put it on sale, We will run it at $129.99, and be able to put them on sale for $20 off periodically and still double our money because everyone else has been paying $129.99 which will offset the difference.

All that being noted, the companies you see advertised the heaviest are who's customers are paying more on each product for advertising and less on the actual product its self.

VVME is an unknown brand, they dont advertise or do anything else like what other "BIG NAME" companies are doing, there for since its basicly coming in from the importer and being sold from the importer on ebay, the speaker is lacking an actual retail markup and there are no added advertising costs on the speaker hence why nonone has ever heard of them before.

And the glue issue is as simple to resolve as if I were the importer, I call the build house and say, hey fucker, if you can't fix this problem I will never order 10,000 speakers from you again, and next thing you know the problem is resolved.

Im not doubting these unknown name woofers at all, if you look at all the facts in play here, im sure they definitely over deliver for they're price.

XS-power1.jpg

if you look at all the facts in play here, im sure they definitely over deliver for they're price.

That is why I recommend them. A little surround glue is hardly worth caring about ;)

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

prime example,

Kicker CVR 12 Retail $139.99

Kicker_CVR12.jpg

But I can order 1,000 of these with no kicker logo from a build house for a little more than $20.00 Kicker adds on the fancy logo and a wicked rubber boot on the magnet and walla, $129.99 retail speaker.

Label-less kicker CVR

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/565985901/12_inch_car_speaker_subwoofer.html

XS-power1.jpg

prime example,

Kicker CVR 12 Retail $139.99

Kicker_CVR12.jpg

But I can order 1,000 of these with no kicker logo from a build house for a little more than $20.00 Kicker adds on the fancy logo and a wicked rubber boot on the magnet and walla, $129.99 retail speaker.

Label-less kicker CVR

http://www.alibaba.c..._subwoofer.html

Damn you opened my eyes lol

Even at, say $50-$60 a piece (which most people are like WOW ON SALE) they still make double or triple profit...damn.......

we should do some insane group buy

I found these. 6.5's, 4 ohm 50w rms

http://www.alibaba.c...woofer_6_5.html

looks like the image dynamics 8" sub (cover, dust cap, surround)

also http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/675208768/SUB_10P_8_10_12_15.html :o

heres your VVME 12, the pics on the site are computer generated, so they are not 100% accurate

http://www.alibaba.c...h_SG_1218A.html

Here is what most companies are selling in the $400-$500 a piece area, if you order enough they are $60.00 each

http://www.alibaba.c..._subwoofer.html

They even have pics of the Chinese assembly lines,

This is why I run DD, they are constantly working to improve technology, they continue to enhance the quality of the product, they don't advertise on every single thing you see, so my dollars are going to the quality of the product, the cost it takes to pay someone a decent wage in the united states to assemble it, and if I had to guess additional dollars go toward developing and testing new innovations to continue to create a better and better performing woofer.

Not like these other companies that look through a list of all these different speakers they can put they're label on and order them in.

XS-power1.jpg

just so you know those woofers are counterfeit. they are not the same. they dont use the same materials or anything.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived